News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 setup with Anveo

Started by Azar, July 03, 2023, 10:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azar

Hello,

I've had my OBi110 for a dozen years and used it up until a few months ago with PhonePower.com. I decided it wasn't used enough and canceled a few months back. My younger kids without cell phones missed having a home phone and so I've since signed up to Anveo.

However, OBiTalk is failing to configure the service. I have verified that ITSP auto-provisioning is set to all defaults and OBiTalk provisioning is set at System Start and the rest all set to defaults.

I can successfully do the echo test and I have disabled my routers firewall temporarily.

However, when I attempt to add a device from the OBiTalk portal by dialing **5 <4 digit number> I get the audio message that it has been sent to the server, but the service still times out.

"Add an OBi Device

Failed to connect to your device. Please check your device's internet connection:
1. Check to be sure the OBi device's power LED solid green. If the power light (LED) is blinking green, that means the OBi can't get an IP address from your router. Verify the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the OBi and the router. If available check if there is a link light (LED) on the router port where the Ethernet cable connects. If the LED behavior appears to be faulty, try another Ethernet cable.

2. Can you call **9-222-222-222 ? If not, make sure your router's firewall is not blocking traffic from the OBi. Click Here for more.

3. If you are using a Westell / Actiontec router, you MUST disable the firewall. Click Here for more.

Click Try Again or click Cancel to return to the device list.
"

The power light is solid green and the link light for ethernet is active.

The Anveo page for OBi110 is here: https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=sip_obi110
However, it shows entering your sip username and password. But on my Anveo login page it shows:

"Access to SIP credentials (username/password) is restricted on your subscription package. However, you can still configure other SIP related options."

It costs $5 to contact support, which seems ridiculous just to get setup.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Taoman

Quote from: Azar on July 03, 2023, 10:20:40 AMHowever, when I attempt to add a device from the OBiTalk portal by dialing **5 <4 digit number>

Apparently you removed your OBi110 from the OBi dashboard after you stopped using PhonePower? That was a mistake but at this point I'm not sure it would have made any difference.

The OBi110 has been EOL for some time and can no longer be added to the OBi Dashboard. The only way you can configure your OBi110 now is manually. And since the Anveo for OBiTALK plan can only be added from the Obitalk portal I'm afraid you are out of luck for that plan. If you want to use Anveo you will have to pick a plan from the Anveo web site.....not something I would recommend unless you are familiar with the Anveo Visual Call Flow tool. There is definitely a learning curve.

Azar

I didn't actually remove the OBi110. It still shows up it just shows "error". The fix for that is apparently "adding a device".

I was able to reach out to Anveo and they provided me with a sip username & password. It's been 10+ years since I messed with the configuration of an OBi110 and I'm not sure I know everything I need to do to set it up.

Under SP1 Service I've removed the default checks from SIP Credentials and added what was provided by Anveo.

Under ITSP Profile A: SIP
ProxyServer sip.anveo.com
ProxyServerPort 5010
OutboundProxy sip.anveo.com
OutboundProxyPort 5010

I get "   Register Failed: 403 Forbidden auth ID (server=72.9.149.69:5010; retry in 27s)"

Is this a bad sip username & password issue? Or something else?

Taoman

drgeoff

As is the case for everyone, your dashboard at obitalk.com is now effectively "read only" for OBi100 and 110 devices. Any changes you make there do NOT now get propagated to the device.

As Taoman advised you need to configure  your OBi by logging in to its onboard web server management interface. You should change 'Obitalk Provisioning' to 'Disabled' in addition to entering the parameter values that Anveo gave you.

Azar

No, sorry. I was in the OBi110 web configuration admin page.

I've been able to get the OBi110 to register with Anveo, but the phone still doesn't work.

When I attempt a call I get "No Service Configured Error. Please log-in to OBiTalk.com, configure your device."

Azar

Just a quick note.

I have made progress.

I found this page which was helpful: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27704009-Anveo-Setup-OBi-110-for-Anveo

I followed the advice to only have sip.anveo.com for the ProxyServer and enable
X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix, X_ProxyServerRedundancy, X_SecondaryRegistration.

On my Anveo account page I now see:

SIP Status: Online

Registration from: <my ip address>:5060
SIP UA: OBIHAI/OBi110-1.3.0.2872
Registered on: 04/07/2023 03:08:03
Registration Expires: 04/07/2023 03:08:55
Registration Server: US
MWI Subscription on:

Previously, only the "Registration from: " line had any content.

However, when I attempt to make an outbound call I get the 3-tones (similar to a disconnected number) and the message "There is no service available to complete your call."

Any ideas?

Azar

I figured it out with a little help from here: https://wiki.voip.ms/article/OBi_100/110_%26_OBi_200#Manual_Configuration_Details

In the OBi110 Web admin console, under Physical Interfaces -> PHONE port -> PrimaryLine I unchecked the "Default" and changed from "PSTN" to "SP1 Service".

With that change I was able to make an outgoing call to 202-762-1401 (The U.S. Naval Observatory's time-by-phone line). I was also able to make an outgoing call to my work number. Everything seems to now be in order.

Here's all the changes I made in the OBi110 web admin console in case this helps anyone else.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Firmware Update -> Method : Disabled
    System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
    System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
    Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> Enable : Unchecked
    ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name -> Anveo
    ITSP Profile A -> General -> X_SymmetricRTPEnable -> Checked (not 100% sure this one is necessary)
    ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer -> sip.anveo.com
    ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_ProxyServerRedundancy -> Checked / Not defaulted
    ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_SecondaryRegistration -> Checked / Not defaulted
    ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix -> Checked / Not defaulted
    Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName -> my provided sip username
    Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword -> my provided sip password
    Phyisical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine -> SP1 Service / Not defaulted

Thank you for your assistance.