News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I make the ringer silent?

Started by ecb54, March 20, 2019, 11:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecb54

I have an OBI200 with two providers configured. On one of the providers, I want the call to come through to the phone but I don't want it to ring. How do I configure that one line to have a silent ring?

azrobert

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes.

Define a Ring Pattern to ring for zero seconds and then silence for 60 seconds.

Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 10 -> RingPattern: 60;(0+60)

Point your SP at this ring pattern.

Voice Services -> SPx Service
X_RingProfile: A
X_DefaultRing: 10

Post back if this blocks the call.

ecb54

When I log in to Obi Expert, it won't let me make any changes. I also tried using the direct IP and using the web interface. What am I missing?

azrobert

Both boxes to the right of the value must be unchecked.

You need to disable auto provisioning to use the local interface, but then you can't use OBi Expert.

ecb54

I was able to make the changes as directed, but the calls still ring.

azrobert

I just tried the mods on my OBi200 and it works. The phone port flashes and I can answer the call, but no ringing.

Make sure the changes were made on the SP where the call is arriving and to RingPattern 10 in Ring Profile A.

If you can't find an error, change the X_DefaultRing to 2. Do you now get a triple ring?

ecb54

For SP2, I have X_RingProfile set to A and X_DefaultRing set to 2. I don't get the triple ring. For Ring Profile A, I have Ring Pattern 10 set to RingName User-dr5 and RingPattern 60;(0+60). When I set SP2 to use this Ring Pattern 10, the calls still ring. I am able to save any configuration changes successfully. I have powered the Obi off/on after each change, and it made no difference.

azrobert

The configuration must be downloaded to the OBi to take effect. Log into the OBi via the Web interface and check the mods. I don't think this is the problem, but it can't hurt to check. You said the config couldn't be update via Web interface. This indicates the old config was downloaded, overlaying the changes.

Maybe your phone has its own ring pattern that can't be changed. Do you have another phone to check this theory?

ecb54

I logged into the web interface and the changes are there. I tried a different handset plugged directly into the Obi and it still rings when I called the SP2 number. This is really strange that the changes are there for both Obitalk portal and the web interface, but it worked for you when you changed your settings to test. I'm at a loss.

azrobert

I'm not the only person who successfully changed the ring pattern, there have been dozens of people on the forum.

Sometimes the OBi configuration gets corrupted and doesn't operate as expected. This has happened twice to me and a few others. The fix is delete the OBi from the portal, do a factory reset and reconfigure from scratch. DigitMaps are only function that I've seen affect by this, so this is probably a long shot at fixing your problem.

ecb54

I'm at firmware 3.2.2 Build 5898EX. Can you see what you have? I also have my original Obi100. I might unplug my 200 and configure the 100 with the provider (Phonepower) I'm trying to modify the ringtone on and see what happens.

azrobert

I'm at 5921. I've played with ring patterns for a long time using several different firmware versions and never had a problem.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

azrobert

I just had a thought. If the config is corrupted, maybe using Ring Profile B will work. Modify Ring Pattern 10 in Profile B then change the SP X_RingProfile to B.

ecb54

It gets more interesting. I changed to Ring Profile B for SP2 and modified Ring Pattern 10 to what you recommended. Now I get 2 short rings on SP2, and no matter which Ring Pattern I choose (anything from 1 to 10) for Ring Profile B, it gives 2 short rings. I now have a choice-normal single ring or 2 short rings! At least I know which SP is ringing, although that wasn't my goal.

azrobert

Profile B ring pattern 1 is double ring, so it appears your OBi is stuck on ring pattern 1. Try changing Ring Pattern 1 on profile B to no ringing.

ecb54