News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Transfer Obi 1022

Started by Question$$$$, March 25, 2019, 10:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question$$$$

I have 1 google voice configured and it works great.

When I get a call and transfer the call it cuts off the caller.

The instructions say
1.   Look up the extension number and then select the 'Transfer' key on your phone.

2.   Dial the extension and press # the caller is now on-hold.

3.   Select 'Transfer Now' to complete the call transfer.

This cuts off the caller.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

joebo

I am now having the same problem with our Obi 1062 phones using google voice and Phone Power?

paradigm

Im having the same issue between my OBIHAI 1062 and 1032. The call sim ply gets dropped when I press the Transfer Now button.

PWTm105

Same here for OBI 2182 and 1032

Same here. Please what is the solution to this issue?

drgeoff

Quote from: 29014021 on May 28, 2019, 02:52:36 PM
Same here. Please what is the solution to this issue?
Currently there is no publicly known solution.

Mindblogging

Made several tests and something is wrong involving Google Voice service when transferred to another OBi phone.  I have SP1 with Google Voice service and SP2 non-Google Voice service (like Anveo, Callcentric, RingCentral)...

cell phone call (or PSTN) > to SP1 GV phone number > call connected success/talk > hit "Transfer", to another OBi phone (using Extension or direct dial **9 + that OBi phone's 9 numbers > call connects > hit "Transfer Now" and call disconnects.

cell phone call (or PSTN) > to SP2 (not Google Voice service) >  call connected success/talk > hit "Transfer", to another OBi phone (using Extension or direct **9 + that OBi phone's 9 numbers > call connects > hit "Transfer Now" and call maintain connection/communications.

This is under regular Google Voice service account with Gmail ending (@gmail.com).  Anyone try this mainly without Google Voice service involve and get dropped?

jluros

I'm having the same problem. I posted about it on 3/26/2019 (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15776.0) after opening an ObiTalk Support Ticket, and having the agent confirm that they know about the issue and "are working on it." (this was almost 3 months ago. I checked back in with Obi a few weeks ago, and they said they're still working on it. I'm not sure how hard they're working on it, though.

JoeIPT

Has there been any updates updates on this? These phones are useless if they can't transfer calls. I just bought a bunch of them and really don't want to return them after taking the time to set them all up.

ShazamInForum

Don't use Google Voice service if you are running an office or business and you will be OK.  See post about using other VoIP Services:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16016.msg99612#msg99612

JoeIPT

Thank you for the reply and I get what you're saying but, I'm already set up and used to google voice and purchased these phones largely because they state they work with google voice. If they aren't going to fully work with google voice, the limitations should be stated on the product sales pages or they need to get them working on google voice.

ljneureu

I am in agreement with JoeIPT.  I ordered Obi2182 phones May 20 with the expectation to be able to use the transfer fucntion with Google Voice.  I am disappointed.  I do hope Google comes up with a solution.

jccpa

Kindle

Im having an equivalent issue between my OBIHAI 1062 and 1032. the decision sim ply gets dropped once I press the Transfer Now button.
kindle on pc

Zola

Look up the extension number and then select the 'Transfer' key on your phone. Dial the extension and press # the caller is now on-hold.