News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to transfer calls between Obi1062 phones

Started by jluros, March 26, 2019, 03:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jluros

I installed the latest firmware, 5.1.11 (Build 4983EX.1311). The firmware update does not appear to address the Google Voice transfer issue.

paradigm

I am having the same issue. Based on the lack of soltions posted it appears OBIHAI does not care to help with this issue. Has anyone ever figured out how to solve this problem or shold I return these phones and purchase a better phone from another company?

jluros

I finally received a response after reaching out to a Forum VIP and complaining. Obi does not want to fix the issue. They say it's on Google's side, but I don't really believe that. I'm not aware of any other company that has a Google Voice-compatible phone, so we're just dealing with the fact that we can't transfer calls. It's really unfortunate.

mattyeh

The problem is with google voice.  I used Sip other than google voice and was able to transfer calls. When I use google voice it disconnects. 

hpolack

Quote from: MikeZ3 on July 11, 2019, 05:01:38 PM
Another workaround that seems to be working for me atm, is you must do a hard transfer by dialing the full google voice number of the extension you are trying to transfer to (not the obitalk number nor any extension or number code has worked for me thus far ..only this)

Example- Call comes in and I answer on Phone 1, I then want to transfer to Phone 2, so I hit the transfer button and then dial phone 2's full google voice number (in my case (407) 984-****) and then hit transfer... Phone 2 will then start ringing (they must answer before you hang up Phone 1), but once they've picked up the line your free to hang up Phone 1 and the call will not drop!. I haven't tested this in a scenario where Phone 1 or 2, have people on hold or other calls coming in, but in a silent environment, it works reliably.

*TIP - If you don't want to have to physically dial the destination phone's full google voice # every time then simply save them into your Contacts that way u can simply scroll to there name and hit the 'call' button instead.

Great answer to the problem.  I might add, make the GV number a Speed Dial 2 digit number.  It will dial the full number for you.   I just tried it to transfer a call to my wife and it worked awesome.

hpolack

Quote from: MikeZ3 on July 11, 2019, 05:01:38 PM
Another workaround that seems to be working for me atm, is you must do a hard transfer by dialing the full google voice number of the extension you are trying to transfer to (not the obitalk number nor any extension or number code has worked for me thus far ..only this)

Example- Call comes in and I answer on Phone 1, I then want to transfer to Phone 2, so I hit the transfer button and then dial phone 2's full google voice number (in my case (407) 984-****) and then hit transfer... Phone 2 will then start ringing (they must answer before you hang up Phone 1), but once they've picked up the line your free to hang up Phone 1 and the call will not drop!. I haven't tested this in a scenario where Phone 1 or 2, have people on hold or other calls coming in, but in a silent environment, it works reliably.

*TIP - If you don't want to have to physically dial the destination phone's full google voice # every time then simply save them into your Contacts that way u can simply scroll to there name and hit the 'call' button instead.

A great answer to the problem.  I might add, make the GV number a Speed Dial 2 digit number.  It will dial the full number for you.   I just tried it to transfer a call to my wife and it worked awesomely.

arko12

Me too.  Problem emerged in late march.  Was operational for months and months prior. help ObiTalk. You are our only hope.

Mondragon

Has a solution been found to this? Such a vital feature!