News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN connecting

Started by Kavinrajhen, September 21, 2011, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kavinrajhen

HI All,  its query.

we have 2 location and we want to communicate interoffice and also we want to use the other location dialing from our location.

Obi will support PSTN line. like

In site A i will connect my PSTN with OBI110 and one more device in Site B OBI110 connected to my PBX trunk port. person from Site B Hunting the OBI110 Trunk and he will get the Site A dial tone.

Find the Attachment

QBZappy

Kavinrajhen,

This solution will not give your PBX dial tone off the OBi#A, however it might give you what you need. It is much simpler to setup. It avoids setting up a trunk on the PBX just to get dial tone of OBi#A. Of course the OBi#B can be setup as a Trunk with a little more effort.

Using a fixed WAN ip or a Dyn DNS account, and if your firewall and Nat will allow OBi#A to connect using one of the OBi's Sip accts to the PBX, it will register as an extension. OBi#A can be setup to look at the CID of another extension and offer to Press 1, 2 or 3 to (1= ring the phone attached to the OBi, 2=Make a new call 3=Enter a callback number)

Setup Wizard->Inbound Settings->ITSP InboundCallRoute = {(5145551111|102|112):aa},{ph}

Call coming from tel# 5145551111, or extensions 102 or 112 will go to the AA for processing. All other calls will ring the phone attached to the OBi#A directly.

If your objective is to force calls out over the PSTN, you might set the Attendant PrimaryLine to PSTN:
Setup Wizard->Outbound Settings->Attendant PrimaryLine->PSTN Line
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.