News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International calls rerouted without international prefix

Started by Graham, April 02, 2019, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Hi all,

Looking for some help with digitmaps and outbound call routes. I'm very new to experimenting with changes to these, so I'm looking for some guidance. What I ultimately want to achieve is:

1. Dial a UK number with the geographical area code (e.g. 020 for London) but without the international dialing code (011) and country prefix (44).
2. The digitmap should notice it's a UK number and automatically add the international dialing code and country prefix
3. The outbound call route should send this call to SP2.

I'm in Canada, and unless I'm mistaken, there are no phone numbers I'd be dialing within North America that start with a 0.

I've already solved #3 by adding an outbound call route:

{(01144xx.):SP2}

I've tested this works by dialing a UK number in full, with international dialing code and country prefix.

I believe I can solve #2 by adding the following to my already existing digitmap for ITSP A.

Existing digitmap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|011XX.S3|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|*98|[2-9]11)
(this was taken from a guide on setting up my OBi200, and I haven't changed it as it works for me)

Proposed addition: <0:01144>XX.S3

I think my proposed addition would take a UK number (e.g. 020 8971 2473), then replace the 0 at the start with 01144, ultimately giving 011442089712473.

The outbound call route would then pick that up and route it to SP2.

These are my questions:

1. Is my proposed digitmap addition (<0:01144>XX.S3) accurate for what I want to do?
2. Would I just add it in place of the second rule (011XX.S3) that's within my existing digitmap for the ITSP A profile (the default SP)?
3. Does the digitmap transformation take place first, or does the outbound call route take place first? I ask because if the digitmap transformation takes place first, then I believe my above solution would work. If the outbound call route happens first, then I don't think it works and I need some help :-)

Thanks in advance for the help. I think I'm along the right lines, but just need a little guidance to make sure my assumptions are correct.

drgeoff

azrobert

The Phone Port DigitMap gets control first and validates the dialed number.
The last rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
Transformation can happen here.

OutboundCallRoute will get control next and route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}
The outbound rules contain DigitMaps, so transformation can also happen here.

You added a separate rule for 011, so you don't need it in the ITSP DigitMap.

Graham

Quote from: azrobert on April 02, 2019, 04:02:29 PM

The outbound rules contain DigitMaps, so transformation can also happen here.

You added a separate rule for 011, so you don't need it in the ITSP DigitMap.

Thanks for the info. Hoping for some clarification, please.

So what I've now done is updated my digitmap in ITSP A (for SP1) to:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<0:01144>XX.S3|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|*98|[2-9]11)

As you can see, I replaced the previous 011 rule with the above one.

Just to confirm, all appears to be working as I hoped. I can dial UK numbers with just the area code and no need for the international dialing code or the country prefix. These automatically route to SP2 (as they did before), but with the added benefit that they now must be adding the international dialing code & country prefix given my extra rule above. So in other words, I dialed 020 8971 2473, it changed it to 01144 20 8971 2473 and routed via SP2.

What I'm hoping to clarify is what you meant where you said "You added a separate rule for 011, so you don't need it in the ITSP DigitMap."? Do you mean because I added an 011 rule into my outbound call route: {(01144xx.):SP2} ? Are you saying I could just do the transformation there instead, and actually remove the 011 rule from my ITSP digitmap? If I did that, what syntax would it use? Would it be something like:

{(<0:01144>XX.S3):SP2}

If I did it at the phone port level here, would it actually then become impossible to route a call beginning with 0 via SP1 if I particularly wanted to? Or am I not along the correct lines with what you meant when you were saying I didn't need it in the ITSP digitmap?

Either way, it appears what I've done works. But if you're saying there is a better, or more efficient way, then I'd be happy to learn :-)

Thanks!

azrobert

You're reading too much into what I said. Hypothetically, let's say you want to route international calls to SP1. You need rule "<0:01144>XX.S3" in SP1 DigitMap to transform the number. You also need rule "011xx." because the outbound route will see "011xx." and not "0xx.".

Since you're not routing international to SP1 and you added a rule to route the call to SP2, you don't need "011xx" in the SP1 digit map.

"{(Mpli):pli}" in the outbound route will use the Primary Line's digit map to route calls to the Primary Line.

You can do the transformation in the digit map or the outbound route. It's a personal choice. I like to do the transformation in the outbound route. This way, the outbound route will know how the call was dialed. For example, when you dial 10 digits and the country code is added in the digit map, the outbound route won't know if 10 or 11 digits were dialed. If it's unchanged in the digit map then you can route 10 or 11 digits differently. This is s dumb example. If I think about it I probably can come up with a better example. Anyway, if you don't do the transformation in the digit map, you'll need rule "0xx.S3" in the digit map to validate the dialed number.

Graham

Quote from: azrobert on April 02, 2019, 06:30:53 PM
You're reading too much into what I said. Hypothetically, let's say you want to route international calls to SP1. You need rule "<0:01144>XX.S3" in SP1 DigitMap to transform the number. You also need rule "011xx." because the outbound route will see "011xx." and not "0xx.".

Since you're not routing international to SP1 and you added a rule to route the call to SP2, you don't need "011xx" in the SP1 digit map.

"{(Mpli):pli}" in the outbound route will use the Primary Line's digit map to route calls to the Primary Line.

You can do the transformation in the digit map or the outbound route. It's a personal choice. I like to do the transformation in the outbound route. This way, the outbound route will know how the call was dialed. For example, when you dial 10 digits and the country code is added in the digit map, the outbound route won't know if 10 or 11 digits were dialed. If it's unchanged in the digit map then you can route 10 or 11 digits differently. This is s dumb example. If I think about it I probably can come up with a better example. Anyway, if you don't do the transformation in the digit map, you'll need rule "0xx.S3" in the digit map to validate the dialed number.

Thanks! I appreciate the explanation :-)