News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Apparently, Phone Power Is Going Away As A Provider For Obi

Started by Stu-be, April 10, 2019, 03:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu-be

I have been using Phone Power with my OBi.  First with an Obi100 and later with an Obi 200.  I have always had a Google Voice number.  Since 2014 my Google Voice number has been "tricked" to a different number through Phone Power.  I understand that at the end of my Phone Power yearly subscription (May) Phone Power will no longer be an authorized vendor for Obi.  I have three questions:

1)  At the termination of my yearly contract do I really need a secondary service?   I now own an OBi 200 rather than the OBi 100 I had when I went to Phone Power.   Can I use my OBI 200 with Google Voice directly?  Good or bad idea?

2.)  What are the steps involved in converting to Google Voice, only?   How do I go about making the conversion happen.  I am not all that tech savvy.

3.)  If I do this, will a subscription to Obi Essentials give me features that I currently get through Phone Power. If you have done this, do you find that it is worth it?  To me, the most valued feature I now have is the "state your name" request that is required of all new callers.  This feature all but eliminates nuisance calls.