News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Auto Attendant help please

Started by H3!s3nb3rg, April 12, 2019, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3!s3nb3rg

Hello all, first of all please forgive me as this auto attendant is new to me and trying to get this to work for a collage course. What I have a sp1 for my main line and sp2 has Anveo set up for e911 calls. What I would like is to have 20# call my cell and 21# call my wife when our main home number is called. Now I see a couple tutorials here and none seem to fully work nor can I really get it configured properly. I was able to set up the recording but all else failed... Could I please get some help to make this work?  Here is the link to one of the post I was trying to follow http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12567.0 (reply 12)
I do not have any trusted callers set up nor speed dials if that matters.

drgeoff

Quote from: H3!s3nb3rg on April 12, 2019, 12:04:05 AM
Hello all, first of all please forgive me as this auto attendant is new to me and trying to get this to work for a collage course. What I have a sp1 for my main line and sp2 has Anveo set up for e911 calls. What I would like is to have 20# call my cell and 21# call my wife when our main home number is called. Now I see a couple tutorials here and none seem to fully work nor can I really get it configured properly. I was able to set up the recording but all else failed... Could I please get some help to make this work?  Here is the link to one of the post I was trying to follow http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12567.0 (reply 12)
I do not have any trusted callers set up nor speed dials if that matters.
"all else failed" is not enough for anyone to help you.

azrobert

Set everything to default, except your recording. Now define 2 speed dials. Speed dials are defined from the Dashboard and found on the left column.

Speed Dial 20: sp1(Your_Cell_Number)
Speed Dial 21: sp1(Wife_Cell_Number)

H3!s3nb3rg

Yes, sorry all for the lack of info. So if I make a recording stating to dial 20# for me and 21# for my wife, this would work. I know I have to set us up in speed dial first obviously.

azrobert

Quote from: H3!s3nb3rg on April 12, 2019, 12:04:05 AM
I was able to set up the recording but all else failed...

I think the above means you have the recording working, so don't change it. Remove any other modifications. Now define the 2 speed dials. Try it to see if it works.

H3!s3nb3rg

OK, So that didn't work and for some reason my recorded message wasn't there. I just restarted to default and want to start over. It there a way to do this so when someone calls our house number they get a recorded message stating they can either leave a message or dial lets say 21 for me and 22 for my wife? I know i'm repeating myself but all tutorials do not seem to work for me. Also I do have E911 services on SP2, so SP1 is what I will be working with.

Thank you for any help you may give
Here are the defaults

DigitMap
{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

OutboundCallRoute
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

azrobert

Don't worry about the prompt while you're testing. The default prompt will work. After you get this to work, you can then change the prompt.

Do you hear the Auto Attendant prompt when you call your SP1 number?
After the prompt, you should enter "2" for make a new call.
Now enter "20#" after the next prompt.
Does the AA call your cell?

If it doesn't, enter "20" from the phone connected to your OBi200.
Is your cell phone called?
If it isn't, you probably didn't define the speed dial correctly.

H3!s3nb3rg

So from my cell phone I called our home number and got the Auto Attendant almost right away, it asked me to dial one to continue call or 2 to make a new call. I pressed 2 the 21# for my wife and that worked.

So, now my question stands to how do I get this to all work when someone calls how cn I get them to dial either of those extensions to get a hold of us.

Again sorry for all the questions, just really want this to work and I do appreciate the help.

azrobert

They do the same as you.

Are you asking how to record a custom message?

Under Auto Attendant Prompts set the following.
Menu: %User1%
This will point to a custom prompt.

All Other Prompts set to: &pause()
&pause() is the equivalent of deleting the prompt.

Record a custom prompt:
Dial the following from phone attached to the OBi200:
1001#                   This will save the recording to %User1%.
1                           This is for a new value for the recording
1                           Any digit will start the recording
Say your custom message: "Enter 220# to call me or 221# to call wife"
#                          Will end the recording. Leave a couple of seconds
                            of silence at beginning and end.
1                           Confirm the recording and save

You deleted the prompt for "Enter a number". When the caller enters 220, the 1st 2 is for "Make a new call" and the 20 is the speed dial number.

H3!s3nb3rg

Sorry for the late response but I was able to get everything working. Thank you much for all the assistance!!