News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 OK on out going calls, but incoming calls take too long to answer

Started by Maxgle, April 16, 2019, 02:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxgle

I have an OBI202 purchased 8/14/15 .  I have two Google Voice numbers. Line 1 is my incoming line, and all my friends have this number.  Line 2 is my outgoing line which I use for outgoing calls. Everything worked as expected until about January 15, 2019.  Then the rains came to So. Calif.,and I  got an error message essentially saying no service. (I later found out that my friend's service went out, but then came back a day or two later.) I panicked and reset to factory defaults using the paper clip method in January.  Since then  I have been having problems with incoming calls, but outgoing calls work fine.  All the lights are fine.The incoming calls have about three problems: 1:  They play a tune when the phone rings on line 1. 2: It takes 30-40 seconds for the tune to stop and then my message says "You've reached the Jones', please leave a message" and then it tries to record the message.  3.  Because of the long wait time I lose messages.  Line 2 on incoming calls after about 5 rings says: "The Google subscriber you have called is not available.  Please leave a message after the tone."  I have been able to get to the Polycom site manager at 192.168.1.65 where I have verified that the Current Software Version  is 3.2.2 (Build:5921EX)
Any help you could give to get this to work correctly would be  appreciated.
MAXGLE for So. Calif (I am a real Newbi)

drgeoff

1. Obis do not play tunes. Phones do. Is that a clue?

2. As regards your second line my first guess is that when you reconfigured it after the reset your browser was logged in to the Google account for the first line.

Maxgle

Dregoff,
Thanks for the fast reply.  I guess you are saying that I need to reconfigure Google Voice.  My Line 2 is on another Google account.  So I went to that account, brought up the Google voice settings and tried to duplicate them on my account.  I could not get that to work.  Is it possible you could give me a hint as to what and how I need to reconfigure Google Voice.

Thanks
Maxgle in Calif.

Maxgle

DREGOFF,
Again thanks for the fast reply.  The link you sent me was the one to start over, which I did a month ago.  So I went to Google Voice and tried to reconfigure it.  I don't know exactly what I did, but now I get no rings on any incoming calls. When I call either line 1 or line 2 from my cell phone, I hear ringing in my ear through the cell phone, but no rings on the Google Voice and no tune is played like it did before.  I get my greeting"You've reached the Jones's, please a message".  I leave a message, the message is correct and I can play it back but it gets routed to the SPAM folder.  If I could get Google Voice to ring and not go to the  SPAM folder,  then I think it would be fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Maxgle