News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"No Service Configured" Error

Started by LostInJersey, April 23, 2019, 04:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInJersey

I do not know how long it will take either the telephone or email technicians to get back to me; but understand that I have been without telephone service since January 16, 2019.  Having succeeded with starting a Google account with Voice, and purchasing a "trash" phone to verify it, I thought setup of my OBi202 would be simple.  After looking at these forums I was not confident that they would encourage a response; but I do not know how long telephone and email technicians at Polycom would take to respond.  Anyway, I will describe the problem as best as I can.  I also purchased the OBIWIFI5G wireless adapter; but I think we need a working Ethernet connection before we connect that.  After connecting the OBi202 to the Internet port to the router, the AC adapter and the telephone to "Phone 1" my first light is green, the second light blinks green while the next two light dim green and the last not at all.  I should also mention that I have a recent model router and an older one that serves as an access point, so I do not have too many devices plugged into one place.  Since connecting I have been getting the message, "No Service Configuration."  I have both rebooted the computer and both routers.  The telephone I plugged into the most recent router; but I tried it in both routers getting the same results.  The device does not appear in Control Panel, Network Map.  From my router information, it appears that I have to follow the same rules for port forwarding as gamers.  However, what IP addresses do I use?  Before I began installation, I had already powercycled my network.  Both routers had a restart.  In the router settings, the one that actually connects to the Internet, I tried to enter the addresses that I thought the OBi202 would have; but they turned out to be invalid.  Any help in access telephone services through my new equipment will be appreciated.  Thank you.

drgeoff

1.  It is rarely necessary to configure any port forwarding etc on your router for an OBi device to function correctly.  So undo anything you have attempted about that.

2.  Connect an ethernet cable between the INTERNET socket on the OBi202 and a LAN socket on your router.

3.  Plug an analogue phone into the PHONE1 socket on the Obi202.

4.  Power on the OBi202 and wait for the left-most LED to become steady green.

5.  Take the phone off-hook and dial **9 222 222 222.

Do you hear "Welcome to Obitalk ....."?

If yes continue to add your OBi202 to your account at obitalk.com.

LostInJersey

Thank you for your reply.  I undid and redid my connections in the order you specified.  In my initial post I should have clarified that my routers only number the Ethernet ports.  So, i assume that they are all LAN.  Anyway, when that leftmost light lit strongly, the test number still gave the message "No Service Configured Error."  So, I cannot add the OBi202 to the Obitalk.com account.  I am modifying this post since last Tuesday.  Duh!  The initial connection is fine, my having failed to dial the two asterisks before the 9.  Until yesterday I did not notice that.  However, I have to start another thread, having made additions and changes to my setup that are not going through.  Thank you, drgeoff.