News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk 200 Phone LED not lighting up - Unable to make or receive calls

Started by Dostk, April 25, 2019, 09:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dostk

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Obi200, that I was hoping I could get sorted out. The issue for me is, that the phone LED (the last LED on the Obi200). 

Whenever the power goes out or the Obi is unplugged, 90% of the time, the last LED, does not stay on. It takes me a few resets before it actually stays on. And naturally, I cannot use the phone to make or receive calls like this.

This never happened with my old set-up. Originally, I used a Obi200 to connect with my DSL (teksavvy). With this set-up, I had a separate modem and router, and had no issues with the Obi200 for several years.

Recently, I've switched from DSL to cable (carrytel). I replaced the old modem and router with the Hitron CGN3 two-in-one modem router. After this transition, I have had recurring problems with Obi200 and my phone line not working.

The last LED light on the Obi200, would simply not light on. This would not happen randomly as I mentioned earlier.  It would happen every time the Obi200 was disconnected, such as if I manually unplugged it, or if there was a power out. Sometimes it would behave and light up again. Other times, I would have to unplug the Hitron and the Obi200 several times, and eventually the LED would stay on.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why this happens. Sometimes I have waited over 24 hours before trying to re-plug the Obi200 and the Hitron and even then it doesn't fix itself.

Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Is it possible the 2-in-1 Hitron is the issue? Or maybe something related to the Obi I'm not aware of.

Looking forward to your help everyone! Thanks in advance!

pabloikba

I am having the exact same problem with OBI 200....switched from DSL to Cable Modem and OBI won't work - never get the 2nd set of lights.

drgeoff

Quote from: pabloikba on April 03, 2020, 03:56:52 PM
I am having the exact same problem with OBI 200....switched from DSL to Cable Modem and OBI won't work - never get the 2nd set of lights.
Can you successfully reach the echo test number **9 222 222 222 ?