News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding / Using Anveo E911 Services

Started by marklme, April 25, 2019, 10:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marklme

New to Obitalk & forum.  Have set up a google voice based obi200 for a family member.  Now want to add E911 services.  I understand that I can add Anveo E911 services on SP2 (GV on SP1), but how does obitalk distinguish between normal incoming/outgoing calls and E911 calls?  Is it transparent to the user?  Must the user do something to indicate which service (SP1, SP2 etc) they want to use for a call?

Thanks for helping me out.

SteveInWA

Hi:

When you go through the initial OBiTALK device setup pages on your OBiTALK dashboard, it will ask you which Service Provider (SP1-SP4) you want to use for E911 calls.  You'll click the box for SP2.  Once you do that, the device's dial plan (digit maps) will be altered such that, when the digits 911 are detected, it will route the call out via SP2.

Note that it's unclear if you can still buy the E911 for OBi service from Anveo. If not, I suggest using Callcentric, instead.

drgeoff

The OBi device examines the number dialled and can automatically route it to the appropriate service provider. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9104.0