News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can OBI200 ring my same cordless phone with 2 diffrent google voice number?

Started by gotojanoo, April 25, 2019, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotojanoo

Hi Fellas,
I need your advise please. I am not sure if I will be able to explain properly due to my English butI am still trying.

I have OBI200 currently configured with SP1-GV and SP2-OBi Anveo and working great with Panasonic cordless phone.
I would like to add one more google voice number and that new number  must  ring the  same Panasonic phone whenever it receive call.. I don't like to keep 2 separate cordless phone for 2 google voice number.

I will appreciate your help fellas for any advise or tricks. Thanks

drgeoff

gotojanoo

with my current OBI200 ? Or I will have to buy OBI202? As I heard it has 2 line,

SteveInWA

One OBi 200 supports up to four different Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP) configurations.  This means that you can, in your example, have SP3 configured to use a second Google Voice account.

All inbound calls to either Google Voice number will ring the attached telephone(s).  You can manually set which of those 3 SPs is the default to use for outbound calls, and, if you want to call from a SP other than the default, you simply add **1, **2, **3 or **4 in front of the phone number to direct the call to SP1  -- SP4 respectively.

You don't need a OBi 202 unless you need two physically-separate analog telephone lines plugged into two separate telephones.

gotojanoo

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 26, 2019, 04:58:31 PM
One OBi 200 supports up to four different Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP) configurations.  This means that you can, in your example, have SP3 configured to use a second Google Voice account.

All inbound calls to either Google Voice number will ring the attached telephone(s).  You can manually set which of those 3 SPs is the default to use for outbound calls, and, if you want to call from a SP other than the default, you simply add **1, **2, **3 or **4 in front of the phone number to direct the call to SP1  -- SP4 respectively.

You don't need a OBi 202 unless you need two physically-separate analog telephone lines plugged into two separate telephones.

Thanks a lot Steve.