News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

rebooting by using Back button in browser, bug or feature

Started by tome, September 21, 2011, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tome

After having changed some settings and rebooted my Obi I accidentally hit the Back button on my browser.  The Obi rebooted again.  Any time I go back to the page where the Obi rebooted, the device does indeed reboot.  This seems odd.
Tom

infin8loop

I can confirm that using the back button to reload page http://xx.xx.xx.xx/rebootgetconfig.htm which is the "Rebooting System" page that states "Please refresh this page in a few seconds" will cause another reboot.  Where "xx.xx.xx.xx" is the IP address of the OBi.  This page is normally displayed in the bottom right frame of the local admin portal.   I would use the "Return" button on the page and avoid using the back button and forward buttons for navigation within the portal.   I don't know if this a feature or a bug.  Some sites handle this issue by slapping your hand with an error message when you use the back button and forward buttons to navigate. Not so much in this case.        
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher