News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

International call exit code 011 not working correctly with a Cordless phone

Started by Prince, April 25, 2019, 07:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince

I am trying to call a # in Japan. So I dial on the cordless brick phone:

011 81 123456789

On Obihai Call History, it shows "To SP1(01181123456789)"

However, I don't get the Japanese dial tone and the call does not go to the right place.

It's not a problem with the phone number or not having google credits because if I dial it directly from Google Hangout/smartphone, dialing +81123456789, the call goes through as normal.

There seems to be a problem with how Obihai handles this 011 or be able to understand I want to be dialing to Japan. Obihai doesn't seem to understand that... When I dial it through the cordless phone/Obihai, I do get the "This call will be handled by Google Voice and the call will be 3 cents per minute" but it does not route to the correct place. What is causing this issue? Is there a way to just dial +81 through the cordless phone or create some sort of shortcut so I can just dial a Japanese phone number directly and it will go through?

drgeoff

Please do not post the same question more than once.

Other potential responders are requested to post only in the other thread you started. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15849.0