News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup VOIPo 401 Register Failed Error

Started by LostInJersey, April 26, 2019, 04:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInJersey

Yesterday to my Dashboard I added the service VOIPo, or at least registered for it.  It shows as "Register Failed:  401 Unauthorized."  So far I tried to get the setting to correspond to those for Google Voice and for my router I made sure SIP ALG was deactivated.  What else can I do?  Thank you.

drgeoff

Ensure you are entering the correct SIP credentials.  Typically they are NOT the same as the usernamwe and password that you use to log in to your account on a service provider's web site.

Don't know what you mean by "I tried to get the setting to correspond to those for Google Voice" as the configuration for GV is different from other service providers.

LostInJersey

I read somewhere that, to correct that error, the new service's configuration had to correspond to those of Google Voice.  Maybe somebody posted their "shot in the dark."  If the recent change I made does not work, then I will have to deal with VOIPo separately.  Their username is actually an email address, my telephone number followed by "at" and a domain.  Thanks for getting back.  First I will see if this change works.  I should have mentioned this earlier in the post.  Yesterday when I tried to get VOIPo registered, a message appeared in my Gmail inbox from OBiTalk, "Service Offline Alert.  OBi Device Is Not Registered."  I do not know what this means; but my telephone still works.  Thanks.  I will report changes later to this thread.

drgeoff

Quote from: LostInJersey on April 26, 2019, 05:21:50 AM
I read somewhere that, to correct that error, the new service's configuration had to correspond to those of Google Voice.  Maybe somebody posted their "shot in the dark."  If the recent change I made does not work, then I will have to deal with VOIPo separately.  Their username is actually an email address, my telephone number followed by "at" and a domain.  Thanks for getting back.  First I will see if this change works.  I should have mentioned this earlier in the post.  Yesterday when I tried to get VOIPo registered, a message appeared in my Gmail inbox from OBiTalk, "Service Offline Alert.  OBi Device Is Not Registered."  I do not know what this means; but my telephone still works.  Thanks.  I will report changes later to this thread.
It means that the portal cannot communicate with your OBi, ie the link between your Obi and the portal is down.  Most probable reason is your OBi not connected to your router.

LostInJersey

I do not know what this all means.  My telephone still works.  However, on Dashboard the code changed from 401 to 400.  One thing I noticed is that I must dial "1" and area code before putting my calls through.  Just now, in order to test my 911 calling ability, I dialed "933" and got an error message saying that the service provider could not place the call.  The reason given was code 603.  From our initial post I thought that "screwing around" inside a router was an unreasonable solution.  Now, since beginning this post this morning, and since submitting that huge order to VOIPo yesterday, wait until you hear what nonsense they just gave me over the telephone.  From what they said, I feel like cancelling the order I placed with them.  After I ended the call, I shot them an email.  The technician would not provide anything to help me adjust these settings.  He told me to wait for their adapter, which will take 7 to 10 days to arrive.  I don't care if it arrived now.  After refusing my ISP's requirement to swap devices, in their case cable modems, I am not going to swap my OBi202 after long setup for something they provide.  From their site they are in league with Grandstream and Linksys.  Especially after establishing a wireless connection with my OBi device through your OBiWIFI5G adapter, in this case I am not going to swap out VOIP devices.  My desire for Internet telephone connection is turning really nasty.  It is only moments later that I got a response from VOIPo.  It is practically an invitation to cancel.  They say there requirement that we use their ATA adapter is a "fraud preventative measure."  It does not prevent them from committing fraud.  Now I am "out of luck;" and I thought I was going to wrap this all up today after being without phone service since January 16, 2019.