News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OpenVPN to Asterisk/Incredible PBX

Started by P3sipper, May 08, 2019, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P3sipper

Scenario:

Obi1022 <--> Comcast Router <--> Internet <--> Firewall <--> PBX

Remote worker (using Obi1022 endpoint) using openvpn to connect through corporate watchguard firewall and registering to Asterisk/Incredible PBX. Phone successfully connects to firewall and gets correct IP address and is pingable from within corp. However, I never see any SIP registration
traffic from phone to firewall (wireshark) or PBX (tshark). Phone shows 'Network initializing' for ~5 minutes before it gives up and disconnects.

If the phone is inside the firewall, it registers with PBX and sends/receives calls ok.

Softphone from outside firewall connects correctly and can make/receive calls.

I have searched and reviewed forum 'vpn' and 'openvpn' posts without success, as well as these docs:
OBi1000AdminGuide.pdf
OpenVPN Client - OBIHAI.pdf

client.ovpn:
dev tun
client
proto tcp
<ca>...</ca>
<cert>...</cert>
<key>...</key>
remote <FW IP addr> 443
persist-key
persist-tun
verb 3
mute 20
keepalive 10 60
cipher AES-256-CBC
auth SHA256
float
reneg-sec 28800
nobind
mute-replay-warnings
auth-user-pass
;remember_connection 0
;auto_reconnect 0

Thanks

ValerieHenson

Quote from: P3sipper on May 08, 2019, 07:46:51 AM
Scenario:

Obi1022 <--> Comcast Router <--> Internet <--> Firewall <--> PBX do my calculus homework
Remote worker (using Obi1022 endpoint) using openvpn to connect through corporate watchguard firewall and registering to Asterisk/Incredible PBX. Phone successfully connects to firewall and gets correct IP address and is pingable from within corp. However, I never see any SIP registration
traffic from phone to firewall (wireshark) or PBX (tshark). Phone shows 'Network initializing' for ~5 minutes before it gives up and disconnects.

First you need to make sure that the channel is there and the traffic is running. start ping from the machine with Xlite, then from an asterisk a ping to the machine.

then from the Xlite machine, see nmap if ports are available.

then run tcpdump on an asterisk and see the headers of the packages, where they come from.