News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 as dedicated FAX line with Brother MFC-J480DW setting help Please

Started by gotojanoo, May 15, 2019, 04:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotojanoo

Hi guild. I am trying to setup my  MFC-J480DW for fax with OBI200. I had setup so far google voice account on SP1. I have 2 phone ports on my machine one says LINE and one says EXT. I am not sure where to put OBI200 phone line , either to LINE or EXT in my all in one. I tried both port and the one with LINE port at least dialing out to HP test number 1-888-473-2963. After that its says completed. Then I got ring after 3-4 minutes but instead of fax its calling my all in one and never went in to fax.
Can someone please help me to get this OBI200 as a dedicated fax line please.
I even tried OBI expert stuff to uncheck those T38 options but still ringing my all in one. Fax never answer.
Thanks .

azrobert

Plug the OBi200 into Line.
EXT is for a phone.

Do you have Receive Mode on your Fax set correctly?
I have a different model Brother MFC and it has to be set to "Receive Mode=Fax Only".

This option can be found here:
Menu -> Initial Setup -> Receive Mode

gotojanoo

Thanks a lot  I did that and now its going to fax instead of answering machine. One more culprit was I had call screening was on so that was also preventing fax to answer. I tried HP fax test number and i had successfully incoming and outgoing fax. Thanks fellas.