News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is Circlenet still operating

Started by dudly, May 02, 2019, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudly

I used Circlenet a number of years ago for outbound calling and loved it.  They shut that down for awhile, but came back and I have been using them for outbound calling for the last year or so.  Sam was always  immediately responsive to any problems, quite impressive.  For the last few months both my OBI 1062 and OBI 202 have gone from registered to unregistered continuously.  It seemed to always come back, but now it seems to have completely stopped working.

I have deleted it off both phones because  I can not get a response from Sam which is really unusual.  Is anyone else having problems like this or know what is going on with Circlenet.  It was my preferred outbound service, but will just stick with Callcentric now.

azrobert

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 02, 2019, 12:13:03 PM
Nope - out of business.

Wrong!

They're not taking new customers, but will be taking payments until 1-1-2020. The service will be available until 1-1-2021 for customers with a balance.

See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32293439-CircleNet-announcement

They have been having a lot of problems recently. I think it's mostly inbound calls.

I have Circlenet for international calls and backup, so I don't use them very often. I just tried a call and it worked. I defined them as a Voice Gateway, so I'm not registered. I'm using proxy "sip.circlenet.biz".

SteveInWA

He's not accepting new customers.  He is winding down the service.  There are too many problems to bother using it any longer.  He announced a pending end date .  He stated that he likely wouldn't be offering services again in the future.  I'd call that "going out of business".

It's remarkable how cheapskate users will put up with so much unreliability, just to support some one-person shop, yet they'll bitch endlessly about larger providers' prices, despite reliable, robust service.  Offering full-scale, feature-rich, dependable telephone service requires staff and capital investment and ongoing support.  Circlenet, Vestalink, Future9, etc. are good examples of how you [don't] get what you [don't] pay for.

azrobert

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 02, 2019, 01:28:09 PM
I'd call that "going out of business".

You said "out of business", not "going out of business". I don't think those are synonymous. I use the service to make a few international calls a year. As long as I don't have any problems, I'm going to use the service for the next year and a half. I guess we have a different definition of cheapskate. I think it would be foolish not to use my balance.

SHarp

For a year, Circlenet was more reliable for me than the Anveo account it replaced. Callers from BellMTS often were unable to call my Anveo number. Ported to CN, problem disappeared.

Have moved on to LES.net, since it's local to my city it works out to a good value.