News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Turn of detect Silence hangup feature on OBI100

Started by xtrmbikin, September 21, 2011, 07:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtrmbikin

Like the title says how do I turn of this feature as I have experience a few dropped calls from it. All the directions I have seen refer to the OBI110 and from what I see the OBI100 doesn't have a LINE PORT option to click and go thru. I don't see anything under PHONE PORT except to change the silence sensitivity. Thanks for the help.

RonR

Silence detection is a disconnect method only implemented on the LINE Port of an OBi110.  SP1, SP2, and OBiTALK services do not implement silence detection disconnection.  If you're experiencing dropped calls on an OBi100, it's not due to any silence detection mechanism.

xtrmbikin

Thats strange because it lets me change silence detect from low medium and High I guess I assumed that feature was also enabled like on the 110 as I did experience 2 dropped calls tonight during testing of the new OBI100. Next step is to swap out the cordless phone as that maybe conflicting with the router as well.

RonR

PHONE Port silence detection is used for silence suppression of RTP transmission on SP1, SP2, and OBiTALK Services.  It allows RTP packet transmissions to cease during periods of silence.