News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up 911 Emergency Call on a Obi1062 Phone

Started by KevKan, May 03, 2019, 10:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevKan

What did I miss?

When using the following settings, I receive the message "No Call Route Available to Complete Your Call".

Digit Map:
(<EM#>911|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|1-9]0-9]S9|***|**0|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)
|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**6(Msp6)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Outbound Call Route:
{('EM'#xx.):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

KevKan

Thanks azrobert.

Not to be argumentative but, before I make the changes you suggested, I want to let you know I was just following the example from page 100 of the OBi1000 Series IP Phone Administration Guide, Rev 4.19.2017.  Do you by chance have a copy of this document?

For some reason, I was under the impression you had to use the prescribed EM# prefix arrangement.   I would prefer not to as I don't like constraints imposed by their "Emergency Call Treatment".

My objective is to route all 911 calls out SP1 regardless of which outgoing line, 1-6, was accessed to make the call and to also disregard the Primary Line setting .  From my limited knowledge, I believe something will be needed to be added to your proposed changes to accomplish this.   

Your comments are most appreciated!     

SteveInWA

You don't need to do any of this, if you simply have the 1062 on your OBiTALK dashboard.  Click on the device, then click on SP1, then check the box to use that SP for 911 calls.

azrobert

I thought EM# was an actual emergency number you wanted to call and not 911. You would dial 911, but have a 10 digit number called.

The Admin Guide example must be a new feature. You dial 911 and they're prepending the literal 'EM#' to 911. The result will be "EM#911". They have a typo in the outbound route and I think it should be "{('EM#'xx.):sp1}". This will result in a match and will route the whole string to SP1. They list a bunch of things that happen when you route an emergency number with the prefix. One is you can't end the call, only the called person can end it.

KevKan

SteveInWa,

I tried what you suggested but it failed.

SP1 was already set for use for 911 calls.  I used the default DigiMap and OutboundCallRoute and when I called 911, I received the message "Call Failed Invalid Number". 

Is this an indication the Digit Map needs to be changed to allow/accept the three digit "911" as a valid number?

azrobert

If you just want to force 911 to SP1, add 911 to the IP Phone DigitMap:
(911|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|***|**0|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**6(Msp6)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Then add this to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{911:sp1},

SteveInWA

Quote from: KevKan on May 04, 2019, 09:22:46 AM
SteveInWa,

I tried what you suggested but it failed.

SP1 was already set for use for 911 calls.  I used the default DigiMap and OutboundCallRoute and when I called 911, I received the message "Call Failed Invalid Number". 

Is this an indication the Digit Map needs to be changed to allow/accept the three digit "911" as a valid number?

If it failed, it is because you've somehow altered the digit maps to cause it to fail.  Without any manual digit map manipulation, it works as designed.  It would be a particularly heinous error if it didn't simply work, and someone's life depended on it, so yes, it just plain works.

KevKan

I am still puzzled as to why I got the error message as I didn't find my default DigitMap string had been altered.

SteveInWa, I am not doubting what you said but, for some reason, after making the changes suggested by azrobert to the OutboundCallRoute and the DigitMap, it worked.

Thank you both for your help and sharing your knowledge with the Forum.