News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice and star codes

Started by MeInForum, May 04, 2019, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeInForum

Maybe I'm not using the correct keywords but I can't seem to find an straight answer in the forum for my question.  I'm new to OBiTALK and recently purchased the OBi200 device and configured it with my Google Voice account.  So far, easy to setup and seems to work except for the star codes. 

I guess the first question is, do star codes works with OBi200 and Google voice?  So far with my testing it does not, which is a disappointment. 

I prefer my number to be blocked when making calls but would have the option to use *82+10 digit number (or another code depending on the carrier) to dial out and display my number when needed.

Will I be able to continue with this practice?  Is *82 and other star codes supported with this setup?  Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Sheffield_Steve

I think you need to use *68 - Unblock caller ID (One time)

SteveInWA

Google Voice now has a setting (toggle on/off) to control using or not using anonymous caller ID.  Just go to the Google Voice settings page on your computer or smartphone running the Google Voice app, to turn it on or off.  See my screenshot below.

https://voice.google.com/settings

If you enable anonymous calling that way, you can't override it on a per-call basis.  However, if you do not toggle anonymous calling on, you can block caller ID on an individual call by prefixing the number with *67. 

I don't know why they don't support temporarily UNblocking CID, but that's how it works.

MeInForum

Thank you SteveInWA!  I tested what you suggested and the *67 does work with my setup.  I'm good with this option.  Thanks again for the help!