News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted Cellphone cannot go to voice message

Started by LearnKid, May 05, 2019, 05:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LearnKid

I got OBI200 working with freephoneline.ca using the guideline from the Webslinger. Everything works fine, except one. If I use my cell phone (that is defined in the X_InboundcallRoute) to call my home (freephoneline's number), it goes to Auto Attendant and I can hear 3 choices (1 - continue; 2 - new call 3-call back).  I have no issue with option 2 and 3.  I have issue with option 1 that it connects, but it never go to the voice message. It just keeps ringing until it finally gives up. I setup a voice message in freephoneline for 5 rings before it goes to the voice message. This issue doesn't happen if I use other phones (my wife's cellphone) to call home.  Is there a setup that I can check and fix here?

Here is my setup:
DigitMap: (1xxxxxxxxxx|011XX.S3|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|*98|[2-9]11)
X_InboundcallRoute:  {(mycellphonenumber):aa($1)},{ph}
   - of course, mycellphonenumber is my actual phone number.

azrobert

FPL doesn't know you're using an Auto Attendant. When the AA answers the call, FPL thinks a person answered the call and therefore won't send the call to VM.

You can setup call forwarding on the OBi200 to send the call to Callcentric's VM after x number of rings. I'm not familiar with FPL and don't know if it can do the same.

LearnKid

Thanks for your explanation and it makes sense now. There are some situation when my wife and kids are not home and yes I want FPL/Obi to direct my unanswered call after x rings to the voice message. Perhaps, I should not use Auto Attendant. In other words, remove my cellphone number and use the default value of X_InboundcallRoute as "ph" only.