News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Too many problems. I’m done

Started by nicmart, May 07, 2019, 08:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicmart

The 101 worked pretty well for me for a few years, then when it became obsolete I bought a 200, which has been far more problematic. I've just moved and reconfigured the 200 with no apparent problems after keeping it in storage for 3 years. It seemed to work for two days, and now I get a 606 error message when I try to call any number via Google Voice. That's the end for me; I'm not going to serve as an endless unpaid Obi technician.

Roger

Your reaction is completely understandable.  I think most people here, including myself, just like learning more about VOIP and how to customize our phone service (and maybe save some money too), but I agree there are easier options out there.  Good luck with your new phone service.

SteveInWA

Quote from: nicmart on May 07, 2019, 08:08:34 AM
The 101 worked pretty well for me for a few years, then when it became obsolete I bought a 200, which has been far more problematic. I've just moved and reconfigured the 200 with no apparent problems after keeping it in storage for 3 years. It seemed to work for two days, and now I get a 606 error message when I try to call any number via Google Voice. That's the end for me; I'm not going to serve as an endless unpaid Obi technician.

You can't expect it to work after not using it for three years.  Google Voice has undergone massive change in that time period, and the latest firmware is required to enable an OBi device to connect.  The 606 error is proof of that.  If your post was "screw you, I'm throwing this in the trash", then goodbye.  But if you actually want it to work, you need to follow my instructions here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076