News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi with Multiple GV Accounts

Started by gckorn, September 09, 2011, 05:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gckorn

My wife and I each have GV accounts.  She uses her Google Voice number for her business and I use my Google Voice number for mine.  

So for each of us to have our own separate GV numbers connect via OBi100, would I need to purchase two (2) OBi100s and connect both of them to my router (and then separate phones to each), setting them each up on separate OBiTalk accounts?  Or is there a way to toggle between GV accounts on the OBi100 or via OBiTalk?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Gary

RonR

The OBi will accomodate two Google Voice accounts.  Each Google Voice account can accomodate two calls.

Incoming calls on either account will ring the telephone connected to the OBi.

One of the accounts will be selected as the default service for outgoing calls.  To use the other account for an outgoing call you will need to prefix the number with **1 or **2 (depending on which account was designated the default service).

jimates

Quote from: RonR on September 09, 2011, 05:32:44 PM
The OBi will accomodate two Google Voice accounts.  Each Google Voice account can accomodate two calls.

Incoming calls on either account will ring the telephone connected to the OBi.

One of the accounts will be selected as the default service for outgoing calls.  To use the other account for an outgoing call you will need to prefix the number with **1 or **2 (depending on which account was designated the default service).

You will still only be able make or receive calls from one google voice account at a time, from the phone connected to the Obi. So if you need to use both accounts at the same time you should get 2 Obi's.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on September 09, 2011, 06:13:27 PM
You will still only be able make or receive calls from one google voice account at a time, from the phone connected to the Obi.

Of course, but he asked:

Quote from: gckorn on September 09, 2011, 05:18:00 PM
Or is there a way to toggle between GV accounts on the OBi100 or via OBiTalk?

Definition of toggle (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/toggle.html):

To switch from one setting to another. The term toggle implies that there are only two possible settings and that you are switching from the current setting to the other setting.