News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk 202 set up problems - dashboard says it's offline

Started by alvinmolly, May 10, 2019, 06:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvinmolly

I set up my Obitalk several years ago.  All of a sudden it isn't working.

I have windows 10, chrome browser, google voice.

I deleted the Obi device 202 and then added it again.  It still says "offline" on the Obi dashboard.  The power light on the actual device is solid green.  I have rebooted everything several times. 

The device has an IP address and I can see it on my router.

Just deleted the Obi 202 again and added it back and the message is now "This OBi has been added to your Dashboard.
Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade 500273260 since it is offline. Please try again when it is online."  but still shows as offline in obi dashboard.

I apologize in advance if I am missing any info.  Happy to provide.  Just looking to restore my gv numbers. 
Thanks !

alvinmolly

Thanks, I actually had found your post a few days and did everything that you suggested.  Still shows as offline.  I bit the bullet and paid for premium support for $20.  Will call Monday.  I have searched all over the forum and haven't found the solution.  I am sure it is something that just needs to be tweeked, just don't know what it is.  :(

SteveInWA

The 202 has two Ethernet jacks - "LAN" (yellow) and "Internet" (blue).  Which jack has the Ethernet cable plugged in?

alvinmolly

alvinmolly

I just wanted to update this.  I heard back from Obi.  Apparently my router's firewall was set too high.  It was set to medium.  I set it to low and all of a sudden it's connected.  FYI, I also then changed my router firewall back to medium and it still works.  Thanks!