News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use obi 110 to place landline calls

Started by Msanad, May 11, 2019, 06:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msanad

Hi,
I was searching the last week for such solution to be able to use my landline to place call using mobile app while i'm outside home , and found that obi110 device that can do this feature if i can understand well.

the question now , does it possible to do this? i.e to connect my landline to obi 110 and plug the network cable to it , then i can be able to use my landline to place/receive phone calls through mobile app ?

can i know the procedure.

thanks.

azrobert

You need an SIP service provider. Get a free Callcentric IP Freedom account here:
https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/ip_freedom/

Click Extensions
Click Add New Extension
Select Extension 101
Enter Password
Confirm Password
Select CallerID (There should only be one)
Click Apply

Your account number is 1777xxxxxxx
The main account defaults to extension 100
Extension 101 account number is 1777xxxxxxx101

On your mobile install the free Zoiper softphone app
On the Account Setup screen tap Providers List
Tap Next
Select Callcentric
Tap Get Configuration
Username: 1777xxxxxxx101
Password
OK

On your Callcentric account dashboard click Extensions
Extension 1777xxxxxxx101 should show "Your phone is registered"

When you get this far, post back and I'll show you how to configure your OBi110.

Do you have any service providers defined on the OBi110?
Is the OBi110 added to the OBiTalk portal?
The OBi110 doesn't have to be added to the portal.

Msanad

Hi azrobert,
thanks for your reply , i will follow your above instruction and feedback.

Msanad

Hi azrobert

Now i have my phone registered into Callcentric , can you tell me the next

btw : i dont have any configuration into OBi101 , its new device and never touched and not even register into  OBiTalk portal.

waiting for you
thanks

azrobert

You don't need to register your OBi110 to OBiTalk and I recommend that you don't.

Connect the OBi110 to your router, connect the Line port to your landline and connect a phone to the Phone port. Make sure everything is connected correctly by placing a call from the phone connected to the OBi110. Does it work?

You need to know the IP address of the OBi110. Dial ***1 from the phone attached to the OBi110 and it will say the IP address.

Key the IP address into a browser and press Enter.
The OBi110 username and password are both admin
To make a configuration change, the box to the right of the value must be unchecked.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP
Click Service Providers on the left column then ITSP Profile A then SIP
Make the following config changes:
ProxyServer: callcentric.com
RegistrationPeriod: 1800

Click Submit at the bottom of the page.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
X_InboundCallRoute: {>1777xxxxxxx:aa}
AuthUserName: 1777xxxxxxx
AuthPassword: your_callcentric_pw

Replace 1777xxxxxxx with your Callcentric account number
Submit
Click Reboot on the top right.

Wait for the OBi110 to reboot.
Status -> System Status
Scroll down to SP1
It should show Registered

Dial 100 from your mobile app
You should get connected to the OBi110's Auto Attendant
After the Prompt, enter 2 for make a new call
After the 2nd prompt enter a number followed by a #
Does it work?

Msanad

Hi azrobert.

Thanks for the support.

I can now use app to dial 100 and i got the AA prompet , then i dial 2 to be able to perform landline call , the issue is the place i live now has only phone line with no subscription ( used only for ADSL connection ) , thus i think  i got a tone which mean unable to reach the number after dial with # , i'm plan to move home in June , where i can place the device attached to the PSTN line.

i have couple of questions:
what is the need for 101 extention i create before into callcentric ?
do i still can use the phone attached directly to Obi101 to place direct call to landline , which code i have to use or what is the procedure.
what about caller ID , does it work normally ?

Thanks again for your support.

BR

azrobert

The Callcentric main account defaults to extension 100, so when you register the OBi110, it becomes extension 100. To call the OBi110/extn100 you must register your mobile as a different extension (101).

You can use the phone attached to the OBi110 to make or receive landline calls. The default is to send outbound calls to PSTN, so no need for a code. You can make outbound calls more efficient by modifying the Phone DigitMap. Just tell me the format (7, 10, 11 digits, international) of the numbers you need to call and I'll show you how.

If your PSTN service provider supplies CallerID then you will see it on the phone attached to the OBi110.

Msanad

Hi azrobert.

usually , the my home landline is for local and long distance calls , area codes are two or three digits depend on the destination + 7 digits .

local calls in same town will use 8 digits
long distance call with use ( area code 2 or 3 digits + 7 digits)

thanks

azrobert

Use the following when ONLY calling 8, 9 or 10 digits. 8 and 9 digits will have a 2 second delay, 10 digits zero delay. Everything else will fail.
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx)

Use this for calling other numbers. 8, 9 and 10 digits will have a 2 second delay, everything else a 3 second delay.
(xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|xx.S3)

This is the default. 7 digits a 4 second delay and 11 digits 2 second delay. Everything else a 10 second delay
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

The Line Port default settings are for North America. If you have problems, I can't help. Create another topic and maybe someone else will help.

Msanad

i will configure the below one reach home so i can test with my home landline .

meanwhile i wonder if i can receive landline calls directly to my mobile app or some configuration required.

thanks again for your support.

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Physical Interfaces-> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute
ph,sp1(1777xxxxxxx101@in.callcentric.com)

Replace 1777xxxxxxx101 with your extension 101 account number.

Msanad

i have configured the below , but still have a question , does my local phone will ring in parallel with my mobile app , or i will receive it only to app ?

Quote from: azrobert on May 26, 2019, 07:12:42 AM
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked

Physical Interfaces-> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute
ph,sp1(1777xxxxxxx101@in.callcentric.com)

Replace 1777xxxxxxx101 with your extension 101 account number.

N7AS

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Msanad

Hi  azrobert,

i have reach home town and it seem that callcentric SIP service is blocking by ISP provider , do you suggest any other SIP service to be configured instead of callcentric.

Msanad

Hi,
now my Obi registered and I have also my extension register too into my Android phone..when I tried to place call to 100 .I got message (welcome to obi attendance..for  main menu press 1 , to continue this call press 2 to have anew call press 3 followed by # key) ..now I'm confused who to preform a call through my landline and which choice I have to select.