News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connected, but no calls in/out

Started by Kitti, May 12, 2019, 01:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitti

Running a 508, build 5980, all SP lines say connected, but just dead air when trying to call out on any of the 8.  No calls coming in to Obi508 either.  Echo test checks good.

I've tried the removing unit from dashboard and reconnecting, but no luck.

Am I missing something to check?

Thank you.

drgeoff

The working echo test suggests that the hardware is OK and the networking is OK.  So likely your problems are configuration ones.

You have not explicitly said that all SPs are GV but "connected" suggests that they are.

Regarding no incoming calls the first check would be to log in to voice.google.com/settings for each number and check that the OBi is enabled in the section under the words "Turn on the devices that you want to answer calls on"

For outgoing calls, "dead air" has me puzzled.  

Kitti

I did verify in the Google account for each that the Obi device is checked.  When trying to place an outgoing call, I get dial tone, can dial, but the call never goes through.  No error, nothing.  Just silence.

GaryJones

Quote from: drgeoff on May 12, 2019, 02:05:28 PM

Regarding no incoming calls the first check would be to log in to voice.google.com/settings for each number and check that the OBi essay writer is enabled in the section under the words "Turn on the devices that you want to answer calls on"

Spam phone calls have been a problem for, what, decades?

For all those years, the telecom industry has hardly made any effort to address the problem.