News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

IP address not available FAQ Reason 00

Started by Obake888, May 13, 2019, 10:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obake888

Hi Everyone,

I've been using Obihai for over ten years with Google Voice.  Upgraded to Obi 200 for Google Voice a couple of years ago and it worked fine.  Recently when I try to make a call, I get a dial-tone but instead of connecting, there is the following recorded message:

"Network status IP address not available FAQ Reason 00"

I don't see that reason number that FAQ and can't sort this out.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

drgeoff

Your Obi200 is not connected to your router.  Check that the cable is plugged in properly and that the dog or mice have not chewed though it.

Try another cable.  Try another socket on your router.  Reboot the router.

The Power LED (left most one) will be steady green when the OBi200 has a working IP address.

AudioDave

Just wanted to say thank you to "drgeoff" for the help.  My obi had been working for a year and just stopped.  I had used new factory cables and was not expecting any better results by replacing or repairing a cable.  Turns out one connector on my cable was bad.  I put a new connector on it and solved the problem.  Thanks again!