News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connection Keeps Dropping

Started by MeInForum, May 17, 2019, 07:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeInForum

I use to have cable phone service and never had an issue with making or receiving calls.  Got tired of paying the monthly fees and decided to give Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter with Google Voice a try.  Reviews are good but I'm not having the same experience.  Either the device keeps losing connection with services or I can't get make a call or the connection is very poor.  I'm having to restart the device when this occurs which is daily.  When this occurs, my internet is working with no issues.  Tried contacting support but they don't respond.  Any suggestions before returning this device?

drgeoff

Next time that you cannot make a call, dial the echo test number **9 222 222 222. Do you hear "Welcome to Obitalk ...."?

MeInForum

Hi drgeoff,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I did get a generic response from support to try and reset my device and add it back to my account.  I've gone through the steps again and so far I haven't noticed the device disconnecting but I'm still noticing some calls can not be completed.  When this occurred, I did dial the test number you provided and I get a successful test result.  I'm able to make a call afterwards.

I will continue to monitor and keep you posted.