News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google voice busy signal instead of voicemail

Started by 550011bb, May 17, 2019, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

550011bb

hi, i have a my google voice on obi200, whenever i am on a 2 way and a third person calls in, instead of them getting a busy signal -like by a regular landline- it would ring by them a few times and then go to the google voicemail, now since i dont check my google voice account, so i would'nt even know that there person called or leaved a message, is there a way to turn off the google voicemail? that whenever the call doesnt come thru it should give the person a busy signal?

SteveInWA

No, it's working as designed.  If you only want bare-bones telephone service without the features included with Google Voice, then I suggest you use another service provider.

Callcentric, for example, can supply multiple channels (the number of simultaneous calls), and it can play either a busy signal or an error message when those channels are all in use (congested).

azrobert

You can get your GV VM via email. Go to Settings/Voicemail. There is a slide switch to get VM via Email.

I have not tried the following, but it should work.
You can forward calls to the Auto Attendant when the line is busy.
This will stop the call from going to GV VM.
After you get this to work, you can record a custom AA greeting of a busy signal.
Here is a 20 second recording of a busy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrmP67QUSUg

You can use the recording multiple times for a longer busy.

This won't work when a 3rd call arrives when the 2nd caller is listening to the busy.
Post back if you're interested and I'll show you how to configure this setup.
You will need to know how to use OBi Expert.