News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making Calls on GV Please Help

Started by Felixntampa, May 20, 2019, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felixntampa

Hi, Newbie here! I setup my OBi200 and Im able to receive calls but I cant dial out on the phone thats hooked up to me device! Any help is appreciated!

PS I've spent an hour reading many posts and I did'nt see anything specific like this!

ShazamInForum

Do a call out within your Gmail inbox (per your GV account email) and see if you can reach your cell phone or anyone's cell phone number.  If yes, make same outgoing call at the phone connected to the OBi device phone port.

drgeoff

"can't dial out" is not sufficiently informative. What happens, exact details?

Felixntampa

ok so I can call out from my computer but I can't call using the phone that is attached to the Obi200. When I pick up the phone handset, I hear the dial tone but when I dial I get a message saying "we could not complete your call"! When I dial I dial 1+813+857-2106 on the phone.

Like I said I have no problem calling in and answering with the phone handset!

Felixntampa

Quote from: Felixntampa on May 20, 2019, 04:27:28 PM
ok so I can call out from my computer but I can't call using the phone that is attached to the Obi200. When I pick up the phone handset, I hear the dial tone but when I dial I get a message saying "we could not complete your call"! When I dial I dial 1+813+857-2106 on the phone.

Like I said I have no problem calling in and answering with the phone handset!

Attached is a picture of the phone Im using

Felixntampa

Im starting to wonder if the problem is the phone Im using to dial out! Even though it says its a "pulse" phone and not a dial phone! Any help would be appreciated! Im really at my wits end looking on line with no solution!

azrobert

Phones are either Tone or Pulse. Only Tone phones work on OBi devices. If you hear clicking when a number is pressed, it's a Pulse phone. Does your phone have a switch for Pulse or Tone?

drgeoff

If you successfully added your Obi to the portal using the **5 nnnn procedure then the phone you used to do that was sending tones.