News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Getting 911 Service

Started by Tollerphone, May 21, 2019, 03:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tollerphone

I got my OBI200 last week.  I set up GV on it and it all works fine.  My wife insists she wants E911.

All I can find here is if I had asked for Anveo during setup, I would have gotten it automatically configured for $25 a year. 
How do I get it now?

I don't want to mess up my successful install, and I surely don't want to mess up my GV account!  Thanks

Nathaniel

How did you manage to set up your obi200 with GV to receive calls? ???
I was able to set mine up and its able to make the calls, but I cant seem to figure out how to make calls to it.

Or... does GV + obi200 not allow you to receive calls though it?

Tollerphone

Quote from: Nathaniel on May 21, 2019, 03:55:25 PM
How did you manage to set up your obi200 with GV to receive calls? ???
I was able to set mine up and its able to make the calls, but I cant seem to figure out how to make calls to it.

Or... does GV + obi200 not allow you to receive calls though it?

I just followed the instructions; may I got lucky.  I can call out and receive calls just like I did with Spectrum before.  My security system even calls out with it.

The first call I tried didn't work and I was a little nervous, but everything since has been fine.

zsak23

Callcentric has $1/month phone number (no setup cost) that can then add $1.50/month 911 ($1.50 setup cost)

ShazamInForum

Tollerphone,

"All I can find here is if I had asked for Anveo during setup, I would have gotten it automatically configured for $25 a year. 
How do I get it now?"

Sign back into your account at www.obitalk.com, select that OBi 9 numbers then select the "Anveo E911 Sign-Up".  Simply follow steps to register and make the payment through Anveo service site.

Good luck!

slipscape

You can go to Anveo.com and create a free account. Once that is set up, you can configure an E911 account for $15 / year. Then follow the instructions to configure the E911 account on SP2.