News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can you set up the obihai using a raspbery Pi instead of a PC

Started by Leodgr8md, May 22, 2019, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leodgr8md

Hi my Windows PC recently broke and I was wondering if instead of using a pc which I do not have currently I can connect the Obihai202 to my router and use a raspberry pi to get to the web GUI and setup the obihai that way ?              

ShazamInForum

Note sure, try these instead...but be sure to power up the OBi device, connect direct to your router and connect a phone to the OBi device phone port:

Use your smartphone, use Chrome browser to www.obitalk.com and try adding. 

Or, reach out to obi.support@poly.com.  Ask them to add your OBi device.  Make sure to provide the OBi unit's 9 numbers at the back and your sign in email that you use for OBiTALK site.

ProfTech

Quote from: Leodgr8md on May 22, 2019, 01:24:22 PM
Hi my Windows PC recently broke and I was wondering if instead of using a pc which I do not have currently I can connect the Obihai202 to my router and use a raspberry pi to get to the web GUI and setup the obihai that way ?              
No matter how you cut it, you must have a web browser installed on the PI. Firefox or Chrome are 2 but there are others. I don't know if the PI has one installed. Doesn't matter if you use the portal or the local IP address. You still have to have a web browser.

drgeoff

Yes, the Raspbian OS (not the Lite version) has a web browser which is sufficiently adequate.