News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing calls have 30-70 second delay--how do I fix this?

Started by SarahYS, May 26, 2019, 06:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahYS

I have an Obi 200 that connects to a phone and utilizes my Google Voice account. Incoming calls are usually immediately result in a ring. But outgoing calls usually take 30-70 seconds to finally result in a ring. How can I speed up my outgoing calls?

All calls are domestic U.S.

bitstopjoe

If you are using speed dial, be sure to add a # after the speed dial number as it speeds things up considerably.

Joe

N7AS

Do you pick up the phone and then dial the number? I never do this. I dial the number then pick up the phone and it dials immediately.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

mike1971

Dialing hashtag (#) after the number as mentioned will send the number immediately, but you shouldn't have to do this.  My delay is around 4 seconds and has always been this way, whether I dial local or long distance using gv on my obi200.    The delay is in the settings somewhere but again you shouldn't have to touch it.   

I would suggest and you should start here is to completely reset your obi back to factory, reset the obi up through the dash again.   IF you still experience the delay before your dialed number is sent then something else is at play.