News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward calls coming into LINE to my Google Voice number on Obi212

Started by blueman2, May 29, 2019, 11:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueman2

I want to forward all calls coming into the LINE port of my Obi212 to my GV number.  I want to be able to filter calls coming from POTS LINE input through GV, then on to my SP1 which is my GV service.  I have SP1 set to that GV number.  I see a setting in Expert Mode, Physical Interfaces, LINE for CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and CallForwardUnconditionalNumber.  I assume I put a check box in the former and put my GV number in the latter?  Is the number the simple format of 123-456-7890 (or whatever my GV number is)?  Or does it needs some special formatting of some type?  

blueman2

I found the format for the phone number: "SP1(1234567890)" where 1234567890 is the 10 digit phone number associated with my GV. 

However, I cannot forward a call from LINE to GV because GV will interpret this a calling itself, and go into admin/voicemail mode.  Other than adding a second SP, is there any way to forward a POTS call on the LINE input over to GV so that calls can be filtered (contacts only allowed) and have that routed back to SP1??

I know I can just have ATT do the forwarding, but I wanted to see if there was an alternative way.  

blueman2

OK, I got one step closer.  I used another GMail account to create another GV number and configured SP2 with that GV account on my Obi212.  I then put SP2(1234567890) as the forward number for LINE physical port.  Where 1234567890 is the GV number that is active on SP1.  

So when I call my POTS number, it goes into LINE port on the OBI, then uses SP2 to forward that call to GV number 123-456-7890, which GV then forwards call to SP1 on my Obi212.

It works, but unfortunately, the Caller ID does not carry though.  The displayed caller ID is the GV number for the SP2.  Not having a correct caller ID is a deal killer however.  So I guess there is no way to do this.  

KyleG

I have been trying to get the OBI 212 to forward POTS calls coming into the "line" port to my office number using my GV account (SP1).  There does not appear to be any admin documentation for the 212 available on the Obitalk site, only for other older models.  I have tried numerous approaches (guesses) to no avail and unable to find any support guidance. At my wits end.  If anyone has tamed this dragon, please share your knowledge! Otherwise, I need to send this paperweight back. Thanks.

KyleG

BTW, the POTS line is actually an intercom line from our door gate that acts like a POTS line. That is why I have to use the OBI to set the forward rather than the POTS provider. Previously, the door intercom connected to a line port in an old school PBX, just like an outside line.

drgeoff

The info in the Admin Guide pertaining to the OBi110 should be accurate enough for your purpose.

Set the LINE port InboundCallRoute to spx(nnnnnnnnnn) where x is the SP you have configured with GV and nnnnnnnnnn is the number you want to ring.