News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SETUP OBI202

Started by Ofer, May 30, 2019, 05:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ofer

I need help to setup new OBI202.
I would like that  SP1 (google voice) will ring only on phone 1 and phone 1 will dial only to SP1 (GV).
I would like that  SP2 (ANVEO) will ring only on phone 2 and phone 2 will dial only to SP2 (ANVEO).

Appreciate any help.

Ofer

ShazamInForum

with the OBi202, you can assign incomings and outgoings to that phone port by using the "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" and the "Incoming Calls Will Ring On" by checking the boxes associated with the phone ports.  As in Phone 1 is for the 1st phone port and Phone 2 is for your 2nd phone port.  Sign into your OBiTALK account, select the SP1 for your google voice account and there as mentioned.

Cancel out, select the Anveo E911 Sign-Up and assign to SP2, make sure to select only Phone 2 boxes and complete your registration with Anveo.  (and if you are using google voice service as your Primary Outgoing calls, do not select Anveo as Primary Outgoing).

Also keep in mind that the 1st phone port is not the same as 2nd phone port.  The 1st phone port (labeled Phone 1) has 4 active wire, with the inner pair wires are for LINE-1, and the outer pairs are for LINE-2.  Good for 2-LINE phone handsets only (and not 3-LINE phone, nor 4-LINE, nor 5-LINE, etc).. 

TomTTT

Hi, I am not sure if this is the proper way to discuss my issue.  I want to do something similar to Ofer, SP1 and SP2 on my OBi202 connected to 2 separate Google Voice accounts.

I completed the setup and SP1 and SP2 show connected:

But my SP2 has no dial tone, even though the setup shows the correct device number.  To make things worst, the Google voice account that's supposed to ring on SP2 is now ringing on another of my OBi device, even though the device is not yet setup, but plugged into the network.

drgeoff

Quote from: TomTTT on June 13, 2019, 09:08:47 AM
Hi, I am not sure if this is the proper way to discuss my issue.  I want to do something similar to Ofer, SP1 and SP2 on my OBi202 connected to 2 separate Google Voice accounts.

I completed the setup and SP1 and SP2 show connected:

But my SP2 has no dial tone, even though the setup shows the correct device number.  To make things worst, the Google voice account that's supposed to ring on SP2 is now ringing on another of my OBi device, even though the device is not yet setup, but plugged into the network.

"my SP2 has no dial tone" makes no sense. SPs do not have dial tone.  Only PHONE ports provide dial tone and they do so irrespective of configuration of SPs.

When you take a phone off-hook the OBi's phone port sends dial tone to the phone.  The OBi cannot know what SP you are intending to use.

ShazamInForum

TomTTT,

This also does NOT make any sense "... Google voice account that's supposed to ring on SP2 is now ringing on another of my OBi device, even though the device is not yet setup, but plugged into the network."

You have 2 different Google Voice accounts:  1st Google Voice account at SP1, 2nd Google Voice account at SP2.  You must have used that same Gmail email account at SP2, to sign into a completely separate OBiTALK account, added there instead.  You will need to properly check both OBiTALK accounts to make sure.

And are you sure the OBi202 device phone port 2 does NOT have dial tone?  Disconnect all phones, check phone port separately with a simple single corded phone to make sure there is dial tone.  Again, OBi202 device Phone 1 Port is not the same as Phone 2 Port.  Phone 1 Port will allow you to use a 2-LINE phone as well as a 1-Single LINE phone.  Make sure to check the phone you are using.

Good luck!

TomTTT

Sorry for the confusion, I setup Google Voice 1 to SP1 and Google Voice 2 to SP2 on the OBI202.  So, I am assuming phone port 1 will ring GV 1, and phone port 2 will ring GV 2.

Instead, phone port 1 rings GV 1, but phone port 2 has no dial tone.

The strange thing is that when I connect a NEW un-configured OBI200 to the network, and I connect the phone to the phone jack of the NEW OBI200, it is ringing GV 2.

Do I need to factory reset everything?  I want to avoid resetting my OBI202 and somehow, get the dial tone back.

SteveInWA

You probably have a bad telephone cord plugged into the Phone 2 jack.  Replace it with a different two-conductor modular phone cord with two-pin jacks on each end.  While the cord is unplugged on each end, inspect the jacks in the OBi and in the telephone, to make sure none of the gold pins are bent.

drgeoff

Quote from: TomTTT on June 13, 2019, 04:48:34 PM
Sorry for the confusion, I setup Google Voice 1 to SP1 and Google Voice 2 to SP2 on the OBI202.  So, I am assuming phone port 1 will ring GV 1, and phone port 2 will ring GV 2.

Instead, phone port 1 rings GV 1, but phone port 2 has no dial tone.
Your assumption is incorrect. There is no hard mapping of SP1 to PHONE1 and SP2 to PHONE2. Each phone port can use any one of SP1-4 to make a call. Calls coming in on any of SP1-4 can ring either PHONE1 or PHONE2 or both.

As I wrote above the PHONE ports should always give dial tone no matter how SP1-4 are configured.  Try swapping over the phones and cords that you have plugged in to PHONE1 and PHONE2 sockets. Does the lack of dial tone move to PHONE1?