News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Quetion - I got my Obi200, but quetion regarding tmobile Prepaid

Started by airic81, June 06, 2019, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airic81

I plan on porting my lan line to Google voice and using oBi200, but first I have to activate the tmobile prepaid sim. Do we have to pay the $3 pay as you go plan to get the sim activated?  Just wanted to make sure I got it right.  I  followed instructions on OBI portutorial and I thought tmobile would just assign a number and activate with 10 calling min test the number by calling out, then call tmobile again to request to port my lan.

Thx,
airic81

SteveInWA

You must fully port the land line number to a prepaid carrier.  That means, you must put the SIM in a working mobile phone handset and activate service with the mobile carrier, and pay them the minimum amount for a bucket of calling minutes, so that the phone can make and receive telephone calls and send and receive text messages.  If you don't do this, the port into Google Voice will be impossible.  Don't be a cheapskate.  After all, you are basically wasting T-Mobile's time and resources by porting in and immediately porting out.  Consider this compensation to T-Mobile to do that.

Wait at least until next week before attempting the subsequent port into Google Voice.  Do not initiate it over this weekend.  Attempting to immediately churn a port will fail.

airic81

Thanks SteveInWa!  That's the answer I was looking for! 

airic81

FYI - T-Mobile activation requires minimum of $10 minimum. So along with sim purchase, need to spend additional $10. 

SteveInWA

Well, yes; I said that you would need to purchase the minimum bucket of prepaid minutes.  It's ten dollars.