News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 newbie mess changing from Xfinity to CenturyLink router

Started by glaucia1023, May 31, 2019, 06:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glaucia1023

Hi there,

I've been trying to get rid of Xfinity landline/cable and Internet.
Right now I still have all the services above with Xfinity.  I installed my OBi202 about 10 days ago and was running perfectly, including the Anveo 911 service I signed up for.

CenturyLink DSL Internet service was installed this week and it works with all kinds of devices, both wireless and via ethernet cable (it has 4 ethernet ports).  I thought all I had to do was to unplug the ethernet cable from the Xfinity router and reconnect to my CenturyLink router.  I bought my new router off ebay so I wouldn't have to lease it (Zyxel C3000Z).

The new Zyxel router assigned a new IP address to my Obi202, and when I ping it, the "test" is right (don't know the correct term here).

My Obi dashboard couldn't connect to my device anymore.  Trying to troubleshoot I have done the following:

-added the Obi202 ip address in the DMZ area on the Zyxel router
-rebooted the router and disconnected/reconnected the OBi202from power
-did a factory reset on the OBi202
-removed the OBi202 from my Obi dashboard (I realize I did this out of order)
-tried to re add he factory reset device onto my dashboard again.  Add device does not work when dialing **5 (busy signal afetr the first digit of the code)
-Unable to reach the echo server by dialing **9 222 222 222 (busy signal after I dial the first 2)

The OBi202 power light is solid green but the lights for the Phones 1 and 2 are not lit (only blinks green when I pick up the phone).

Help!

I don't know what else to do.  Suggestions? 

Glaucia