News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

after GV setup, can I delete my linked cell phone number from GV linked number?

Started by kevi, May 31, 2019, 09:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevi

Hi,

First, let me say thank you for this forum and I learnt a lot to successfully port my landline number to GV and Obi200 is working fine (beside there is a buzz sound once in awhile dialing out.. not sure why?).. my question is actually about linked number (my mobile phone number) in the GV account.. can I delete it? I have it because when I claimed a temp GV number, I have to link my real mobile phone number to it.. As i won't use my mobile phone to receive call anymore (use my home phone system instead), can I delete it from the GV account?

Thanks for your help in advance!

SteveInWA

Hi, and welcome to OBi-land.

I recommend that you leave the mobile phone number linked to your Google Voice number.  There is no harm in doing so.  If you don't want to answer calls on that mobile number, the toggle it off in Google Voice settings.  This will preserve your ability to make Google Voice phone calls from your mobile phone.

This also enables you to retrieve your Google Voice voicemail messages from any other phone number.  To do so, you need to set a voicemail PIN on the old, "Legacy" Google Voice settings page, on the Voicemail & Text tab, then save the setting.