News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setting up gateways for Onesuite and Callcentric

Started by bradmajors, September 22, 2011, 09:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradmajors

I am trying to set up gateway #3 to make outbound calls using Callcentric and gateway #4 to make outbound calls using Onesuite and my setup is not working.

a) When I type **3 it says "**3 was rejected by the service provider reason 403."
b) When I type **4 followed by the telephone number it says "no response was received from the service provider."

My setup:

Phone port digitmap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Phone Port Outbound CallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Voice gateway 3:

Enable X
Name Callcentric Gateway
AccessNumber SP2(callcentric.com)
DigitMap (Mste)
AuthUserID 1777*****
AuthPassword *********

Voice gateway 4:

Enable X
Name Onesuite Gateway
AccessNumber SP2(voip.onesuite.com)
DigitMap (Mste)
AuthUserID *****-voip.onesuite.com
AuthPassword *********

User defined DigitMap2

Label ste
DigitMap (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1831>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

I am using voip.ms on SP2 and calls using voip.ms are working fine.

NB.  I have already tried contacting obihai technical support and they have been useless.

RonR

At first glance, I don't see anything wrong.

Callcentric is known to work on a Voice Gateway:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.msg4624#msg4624

OneSuite is known to work on a Voice Gateway:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.msg5184#msg5184

You might consider temporarily putting each one on SP2 to ensure you're using the right credentials and the accounts are actually working.  If they work on SP2, they should work on Voice Gateways.

bradmajors

Thanks.  Both Onesuite and Callcentric work fine with the same credentials when I put each of them on SP1.

I do not know what else to try.

RonR

Brad,

Is your OBi updated to the latest firmware?

I can't imagine that your router could be involved, but I'd temporarily connect the OBi directly to the modem just to rule it out.  Power cycle both the OBi and the modem after making the connection.

Did Obihai do a remote debugging session with you?  They can enable Syslog on your OBi and see exactly what is happening at the SIP protocol level from their end and determine where it's failing.

It's probably obvious at this point that I'm grasping for straws as I don't see any problem with the configuration in your original post.  I'm sorry I'm not coming up with better ideas or things to check.

bradmajors

I updated firmware to 1.3, no change.

Some more tests I have tried:

* I can call out using vg6 and SP2 using a voip.ms subaccount.
* When I setup SP1 to Callcentric I can call out using a gateway on SP1 with a voip.ms subaccount, but not a Onesuite, nor a Callcentric account.

I will try analyzing the traffic using Wireshark.   My router is being too "smart" and Wireshark on my PC can not see the traffic between my Obi110 and voip.ms.

=======================================================

Obihai support has been no help.  I sent six support requests and I receive two replies:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We believe your e-mail request was about gateway calling.

Please take a look at the OBi Admin Guide for how gateway calling works.
http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc288059330

When you set up GW3 and GW4, it is not possible to dial it via **3 or **4,
it needs to be done via the Phone OUTBOUNDCallRoute parameter.

The **1 is for SP1, **2 for SP2, **8 for LandLine, **9 for OBi to Obi call,
the rest of the ** is not routable to gateways.

Please read through the Obihai admin guide, or check the Obihai forum for
guidance.

Stewart

QuoteMy router is being too "smart" and Wireshark on my PC can not see the traffic between my Obi110 and voip.ms.
You have several options:

1. If you have an old "dumb" (10 Mbps) hub, temporarily connect PC, router and OBi to it.

2. Connect PC to Internet via Wi-Fi, bridge or share connection to its Ethernet port, connect OBi to PC Ethernet port.  You will likely need a crossover cable or a switch in the path, unless PC has gigabit interface.

3. Set up PC with two Ethernet interfaces and bridge the connections.  With most machines, the easiest way to add one is with a USB-to-Ethernet dongle.

4. The ideal solution is a managed switch with port monitor (sometimes called port mirror) function, though if you had one, you probably would not have asked the question  ;)

RonR

Quote from: bradmajors on October 01, 2011, 10:46:19 AM
Obihai support has been no help.  I sent six support requests and I receive two replies:

We believe your e-mail request was about gateway calling.

Please take a look at the OBi Admin Guide for how gateway calling works.
http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm#_Toc288059330

When you set up GW3 and GW4, it is not possible to dial it via **3 or **4,
it needs to be done via the Phone OUTBOUNDCallRoute parameter.

The **1 is for SP1, **2 for SP2, **8 for LandLine, **9 for OBi to Obi call,
the rest of the ** is not routable to gateways.

I often get the impression that Obihai 'Technical Support' personnel don't really understand how the OBi works based on their frequent refusal to answer questions and the nonsensical answers they give in the few cases they do.  They really need to spend a little time reading here on the forum to find out what can be done with the OBi.

Stewart

QuoteAccessNumber SP2(callcentric.com)
Just for laughs, try AccessNumber SP2(callcentric.com;ui=1777xxxxxxx:yyyyyyyy) (using your CC number and password).  See notes for release 2283 in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

hwittenb

bradmajors,

I have CallCentric setup as a gateway on my OBi110 and it works, and confirming what RonR said, I also see nothing wrong with the configuration that you posted.  I believe OneSuite, though, is a voip provider that requires registration.  In other words it will not work as a gateway account.  I ran a test with it on the SPA3102 and it works if setup to register, however OneSuite does not respond to a sip invite when the account is setup as a Gateway and that is also the experience you reported.

For debugging, I think it is important to get your Wireshark program working.  Stewart outlined four different methods to use to get your pc to see all the packets going and coming from your OBi.  I use the "old hub" method that he outlined.  Old hubs are hard to come by, however I note that BestBuy has a Dynex hub listed for sale on their web page.  I believe that Dynex hub will work.

Stewart also highlighted a feature that I didn't know existed to try in running a test.  He pointed to Release Notes for v1.2.1-2283 that say in effect you can setup a speedial with an outgoing provider that you don't necessarily have setup as a gateway.  In other words you can setup Speed Dial 9 as SP2(dial_number@callcentric.com;ui=1777xxxxxxx:yyyyyyyyyy) where dial_number is the pstn number you wish to dial, 1777xxxxxxx is your CallCentric account number, yyyyyyyyyy is your CallCentric account password.  I tried it and it works.

Edit:  Looking up Sip 403 it looks like that generally means "Forbidden".  That usually indicates something wrong either with the account or the number it thinks you wish to call.

BradMN

Note that the OneSuite password is not the one you use to log onto their web site.   It can be retrieved by going to their help for the softphone. There is a link to retrieve your account and password.  It is a VOIP password.

VOIPisGreat

Any new confirmation that if Onesuite works in gateway or not?

I tried to set it up last night. When I tried to dial out it's just complete silence. Checking call history from obi it looked as if the call in progress, but call history from onesuite show the call didn't exist.

RonR

Quote from: VOIPisGreat on May 15, 2012, 10:56:30 AM
When I tried to dial out it's just complete silence. Checking call history from obi it looked as if the call in progress, but call history from onesuite show the call didn't exist.

The OBi Call History never displays calls that are in progress.  The OBi Call History only displays past calls.

The OBi Call Status displays any calls that are currently in progress.

VOIPisGreat

Quote from: RonR on May 15, 2012, 11:10:40 AM
Quote from: VOIPisGreat on May 15, 2012, 10:56:30 AM
When I tried to dial out it's just complete silence. Checking call history from obi it looked as if the call in progress, but call history from onesuite show the call didn't exist.

The OBi Call History never displays calls that are in progress.  The OBi Call History only displays past calls.

The OBi Call Status displays any calls that are currently in progress.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear.

I dialed and only heard silence. Then I hung up and checked obi call history. It show <time> New Call <time> End Call for the period I got silence.  But onesuite call history didn't show anything. I got no error message of any kind.

RonR

Did you first get OneSuite working on SP1 or SP2 to ensure you're using all the correct OneSuite information?

Are you using a configuration similar to the following (this example uses VG3)?:

Voice Gateway3
Name : OneSuite
AccessNumber : SPx(voip.onesuite.com)
DigitMap : (<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)
AuthUserID : username-voip.onesuite.com
AuthPassword : password

where SPx is configured for SIP and aaa is your local area code.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : ...|**3(Mvg3)|...

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : ...{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},...