News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Static

Started by WebNurse, June 06, 2019, 02:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebNurse

Hello,

I have a new Obi202 that 5-10% of the time gets nothing but static dialing out. Both SP1 and SP2 are Google Voice though different numbers. I have a two line cordless phone with SP1 to line 1 and SP2 to line 2. It does not seem to matter if dialing from line 1 or line 2.

I dial and there is the usual few seconds silence. The calling phone goes total LOUD static as the receiving phone begins to ring. No ringing can be heard in the calling phone. I hang up and dial again. There seems to be a 50-50 chance of the second try having the static like the first. A couple times I hit static three consecutive times needing four tries to complete one call. The static is a frequent enough problem that I no longer hold the phone to my ear waiting for it to connect.

I'm using whatever parameters the Google Voice set up placed in the device configuration. Is there some setting tweak needed? Is the Obi202 defective? This is a totally unacceptable call fail rate.

drgeoff

Try dialling the OBitalk echo test number **9 222 222 222.  Out of 10 such calls how many times do you get static?