News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Power adapter compatibility obi200 - obi110 to test failed OBi110?

Started by refrosted, June 06, 2019, 02:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

refrosted

Recently, perhaps related to multiple power outages (due to a jittery sub-station problem), the LED lights on my OBi110 were all off and no dial tone. Other than an initial 1/2 second red flash, the LED's did not come on after unplugging and plugging the power back in.    I took the 7-8 year old OBi110 out of the loop and  replaced it with my spare OBi200.

Out of curiosity, I am wondering if the power adapter of the OBi200 is completely compatible with the OBi110 and whether I could or should use it to see if the 110 might still function given a good power adapter.  Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this situation, on reviving an OBi110 or where I might get the right specification  adapter to test the 110?

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: refrosted on June 06, 2019, 02:49:08 PM...where I might get the right specification  adapter to test the 110?
The voltage and current ratings are shown on the 110 adaptor.  I think the polarity is also shown but if not, it is centre positive.