News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where do I configure admin pwd. if using OBiTalk for configuring?

Started by Shplad, June 09, 2019, 10:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shplad

Hi everyone:

I recently switched from using a purely local configuration to using OBitalk's web interface to configure my VoIP carrier's services.

Where do I set the password for the OBi, if I want OBiTalk to be able to still configure the OBi? I can't see any place for it when managing the device settings through OBiTalk.

Thanks

SteveInWA

Open the OBiTALK device dashboard:  http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

Click your device's name.  On the next page, enter the password next to "Webpage Admin Password".  Click the "Save" button.

drgeoff

Quote from: Shplad on June 09, 2019, 10:58:55 AM
Hi everyone:

I recently switched from using a purely local configuration to using OBitalk's web interface to configure my VoIP carrier's services.

Where do I set the password for the OBi, if I want OBiTalk to be able to still configure the OBi? I can't see any place for it when managing the device settings through OBiTalk.

Thanks
You don't.

Once you log in to obitalk.com and access your dashboard you can configure your OBi via the basic or expert modes.

But before that you need to log in locally to your Obi and enable "Obitalk Provisioning".

Shplad

Well, okay, so we've got two different answers here. The OBi is all set up now-it's working great. All I need to do is set the password.  I just checked and it's using the default password. I don't want strangers getting into it.

SteveInWA

My answer was correct.  Once you have converted over to using OBiTALK  to configure your device, don't go back to using the local web interface.  However, setting the password on the portal does change the device's local web UI password, too, and you can do that to replace the default password, and to use it to sign in locally to view settings.  Just don't change any settings on the local UI.

Shplad