News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Receive Incoming Calls on My Obitalk Phone

Started by Pizzaface, September 23, 2011, 02:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pizzaface

I am new to Obitalk.  I'm not a telecommunications techie.  I set up google voice and gmail accounts.  I can make outgoing calls on my Obitalk phone.  However, I'm unable to receive calls on my Obitalk phone.  I read other posts on this topic and they said to make sure "Forward to:  Google Chat" was checked and that I was signed out of Google Chat.  I corrected those settings but I'm still unable to receive incoming calls on my Obitalk phone.  I have a Google Voice set up to forward calls to Google Chat and my cell phone.  My cell phone rings when I call my google voice number so I know the forwarding feature is working.  My Obi Dashboard shows two end points (home and soft phone).  Google Voice is configured as Service Provider 1.  There is no Service Provider 2 configured.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  
Update 09/23/2011.  I plugged my ObiPhone into my Time Warner Cable modem and called my Time Warner Cable Phone number to make sure that my ObiPhone will ring and the ringer works fine so I know that the phone itself is not the problem.

Dav3yDark0

Quote from: Pizzaface on September 23, 2011, 02:35:05 AM
I am new to Obitalk.  I'm not a telecommunications techie.  I set up google voice and gmail accounts.  I can make outgoing calls on my Obitalk phone.  However, I'm unable to receive calls on my Obitalk phone.  I read other posts on this topic and they said to make sure "Forward to:  Google Chat" was checked and that I was signed out of Google Chat.  I corrected those settings but I'm still unable to receive incoming calls on my Obitalk phone.  I have a Google Voice set up to forward calls to Google Chat and my cell phone.  My cell phone rings when I call my google voice number so I know the forwarding feature is working.  My Obi Dashboard shows two end points (home and soft phone).  Google Voice is configured as Service Provider 1.  There is no Service Provider 2 configured.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  
Update 09/23/2011.  I plugged my ObiPhone into my Time Warner Cable modem and called my Time Warner Cable Phone number to make sure that my ObiPhone will ring and the ringer works fine so I know that the phone itself is not the problem.

I'm not sure this is still necessary, but it used to be required that you make a call with the web page Gmail Chat interface first before you could get the OBi to work. Try opening your Gmail in a web browser and make a call with the Chat feature there, then try calling your GV # and see if your OBi rings the phone attached to it.

Dave

ChiTX

Any resolutions to this? I am also experiencing the problem of not being able to receive calls on the phone connected to my Obi110.  I can call out using it but when calling either of the Google Voice numbers, the ObiTalk phone doesn't ring at all.

Dav3yDark0

On your Google Voice webpage, under Settings->Phones does Google Chat have a check mark next to it?

Dave

ChiTX

Thanks Dave, I did try that last night and it worked.  Appreciate you checking in.

mike_forum

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong in the setup.  I have time warner cable internet.
I also have a belking G router.  I have contacted Time warner and they told me I only have a dynamic IP address.

I can not get the OBI Talk 100 device to work. 

Please help.

RonR

Quote from: mike_forum on December 17, 2011, 09:10:46 PM
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong in the setup.  I have time warner cable internet.
I also have a belking G router.  I have contacted Time warner and they told me I only have a dynamic IP address.

I can not get the OBI Talk 100 device to work. 

Please help.

Posting your problem in multiple threads is not the solution and is generally frowned upon.