News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will OBi select 2nd GV account to call out if SP1 is unavailable?

Started by jazzy, September 23, 2011, 07:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzy

I want to put a 2nd GV account on SP2, to be used to call out if GV1 (SP1) is unavailable. I've made SP1 primary for calling out. Will Obi automatically select SP2 if SP1 is unavailable for calling out? or do I have to select SP2 by dialing ***2  then the number. I've set the Obi up with this and can get both GV numbers to ring the attached phone.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #1 username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #1 password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #2 username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #2 password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (SP1 Service)

QBZappy

If you want the OBi to dial out automatically for you, this setting will make an outgoing call on the next available free line.

Setup Wizard->Outbound Settingshelp->Phone PrimaryLine = Trunk Group 1

Otherwise manually dialing **2 will force the call over SP2.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Everton

I'm trying to understand under what circumstances will SP1 will become unavailable.  I can only think of two scenario where this would be possible:

Scenario A:  SP1 is not Connected (akin to losing registration - I would think SP2 would experience the same condition)

Scenario B: Both "Channels" are active at once; someone is using channel one for outgoing/incoming and the second channel is active for a second incoming/outgoing call, with channel A call placed on "Hold".  This would imply that the "Phone" port is in use and not available.

With Scenario B, the only way to place a third outbound call would be through the OBiON App from a Mobile Device or the PC APP (my thinking...I might be wrong here).  If this is the case, why not setup the either App to use SP2 for outgoing by default?

jazzy

The reason I want to add SP2, to dial out, is because on occasion SP1 can be unavailable as it just happened yesterday for about 3 mins.

SP1 gave me a " There is no service available " after dialing the number.  Just wondering if the Obi could be set up to go to the other GV line (SP2) and dial out.

Will setting this up with a Trunk Group achomplish what I want the Obi to do?
ie.. Setup Wizard->Outbound Settingshelp->Phone PrimaryLine = Trunk Group 1
Do I add both SP1 and SP2 to trunk group 1?

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> Enable : (checked)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList : sp1,sp2

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : Trunk Group 1

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX -> Label : ste

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

jazzy

Thanks RonR, I'll give that a try.
So I will still set up this first, right?

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #1 username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #1 password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #2 username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #2 password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Then make these changes too?

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (Mste)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> Enable : (checked)

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList : sp1,sp2

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap : (Mste)

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX -> Label : ste

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

This DigitMap will send all 7 and 10 digit calls to GV, right?

RonR

Correct.  The 'ste' DigitMap supports 7-, 10-, and 11-digit dialing and 011+ international.

jazzy

RonR, when setting up the first part:

is there a need to set this up?
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

or leave it as defaut?

RonR

Both Google Voice accounts can share/use ITSP Profile A, so ITSP Profile B isn't needed.

Which means I listed an unnecessary change:

jazzy

Thanks RonR, for clearing that up.

If I only want SP1 GV# to ring the attached phone, can that be done by logging into SP2 GV#2 on Google Voice
and unchecking 'forward calls to Google Chat'

Everton

RonR:

Could you help me understand why, with two GV accounts setup under SP1 and SP2, would one be availabe and the other be unavailable ("There is no service available")?  Given my limited understanding, I would think they will both fail at the same time, i.e, the OBi device would be experiencing difficulty establishing a connection between the OBi110/100 and the Google Server(s).  I thoroughly understand the foregoing if GV was setup on either SP1 and another independent VOIP provider was setup on SP2.

What I'm I missing here?

RonR

Quote from: jazzy on September 23, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
If I only want SP1 GV# to ring the attached phone, can that be done by logging into SP2 GV#2 on Google Voice
and unchecking 'forward calls to Google Chat'

That's one option.  Another is:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> InboundCallRoute : {}

RonR

Quote from: Everton on September 23, 2011, 12:11:42 PM
Could you help me understand why, with two GV accounts setup under SP1 and SP2, would one be availabe and the other be unavailable ("There is no service available")?  Given my limited understanding, I would think they will both fail at the same time, i.e, the OBi device would be experiencing difficulty establishing a connection between the OBi110/100 and the Google Server(s).  I thoroughly understand the foregoing if GV was setup on either SP1 and another independent VOIP provider was setup on SP2.

In the case of an Internet issue or Google Voice server problem, I would think both would experience the same problem in most cases.

Using Trunk Group 1 to 'bond' SP1 and SP2 is more useful from a resource standpoint if you're doing a lot of call bridging via InboundCallRoute rules in the background in addition to making calls to and from the PHONE Port.  With two Google Voice accounts accessed using Trunk Group 1, you have a combination of four incoming call capabilities and/or four outgoing call capabilities instead of two and two before you encounter the dreaded "There is no service available to place your call".  Plus you don't have to do manual 'load balancing' when you configure things.

Everton

Thanks Ron for that feedback and it makes a lot of sense now.

Having said that, what changes would you make to the instructions in post #5 if you want to use Voice Gateway3 (GV3) instead of SP2?  In my case, VG3 is setup with CallWithUS (CWU), who expect 11 digit dialing (1xxxxxxxxxx).  SP2 is configure with VOIP.ms and has a completely different CID.  With CWU, I can set the outgoing CID to match GV CID configured on SP1.  The CWU rates are lower also.

RonR

Everton,

If you're asking about setting up Trunk Group 1 to use SP1 and VG3, it would simply be a matter of setting:

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> TrunkList : sp1,vg3

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Trunk Group1 -> DigitMap : (as appropriate)

This would use SP1 for outgoing calls unless its two sessions were exhausted, in which case it would try to use VG3.

RonR

A little more info regarding DigitMap handling and call routing in the case of Trunk Groups...

It appears that when the PHONE Port DigitMap is being evaluated, (Mtgx) references are only applied to that Trunk Group's DigitMap.  The DigitMaps of the trunks in that Trunk Group's TrunkList are not applied.

It appears that when the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute is being evaluated and TGx is the terminal (destination) of a matched OutboundCallRoute rule, that rule is effectively replaced and expanded into multiple rules, one for each trunk in the TrunkList.  For example, if Trunk Group 1 has a TrunkList of sp1,sp2,vg3, then the rule:

...,{(Mtg1):tg1},...

if matched, effectively becomes

...,{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{(Mvg3):vg3},...