News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do I need to disable auto-attendant?

Started by Shplad, June 15, 2019, 07:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shplad

Hi everyone:

I'm using a standard OBitalk profile for my VoIP provider. However, recently, when I made the switch from my own config. to OBitalk's profile for my VoIP provider, one of my friends complained that the Auto Attendant started answering. I did not purposely configure the Auto Attendant.

I saw in another post that if a person is in your trusted list, (s)he will get the Auto Attendant. I put this friend in my trusted list because I thought you had to do that in order to call OBi to OBi. Is that incorrect? Should I remove him from my trusted list? I don't need him, or anyone else to have Auto Attendant features. I just need to be able to dial him OBi to OBi.

Man, the documenation for many of these features is lousy. Great product, but I wish they would reorganize and rewrite the documentation so it's better for non-VoIP experts.

Thanks

azrobert

Remove your friend from the Trusted Callers list.

The purpose of Trusted Callers and Circle of Trust is to route inbound calls to the AA. Trusted Callers is for calls from a service provider and Circle of Trust is for OBi to OBi calls.

Shplad

I removed his numbers. I will test it, but I"m pretty sure your answer will work.

Thank you!