News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 - VOIP Service blocked by operator

Started by Msanad, June 15, 2019, 06:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Msanad

Hi,
I have a new OBi110 where configure callcentric account into it with its corresponding extension , now i move to other country where the ISP provider blocking the SIP ( port 5060) , now i'm wondering if i can use other free VOIP service where the port used are not blocked , can i find a help for this.

BR

Sheffield_Steve

Unfortunately that port (and 5061) are the standard registered ports for SIP communications.

That means it is the port used by all VoIP providers and thus changing to another service is unlikely to help you.

Your options are:

Change your ISP.  

Host your own VoIP PBX (in the cloud) as an intermediate step between you and Callcentric and use a non standard port like 53 to get from the cloud to your SIP client

Check with all the VoIP providers and see if they can be configured to use non-standard ports.  (Unlikely)

Taoman

I use port 5010 with Anveo.

I use port 42872 with VoIP.ms.
QuoteDo you offer alternative ports besides 5060/5061?
We offer alternative SIP ports, UDP/TCP 5080 and 42872 on all of our servers, You can try those ports in case your Internet Service Provider blocks the port 5060 UDP/TCP or if you need to use another one. For the SIP-TLS we offer alternative ports only by TCP protocol, 5061 and 42873 on all of our servers name with a number at the end. e.g. chicago1.voip.ms

https://wiki.voip.ms/article/FAQ#Do_you_offer_alternative_ports_besides_5060.2F5061.3F

Sheffield_Steve

That's definitely worth testing to see if one of those ports are accessible. (No need to subscribe to the service to test it)

My guess is that it won't work, because the ISP is probably blocking ports to protect/encourage customers to use their own services.

Msanad

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on June 15, 2019, 07:39:30 AM
Unfortunately that port (and 5061) are the standard registered ports for SIP communications.

That means it is the port used by all VoIP providers and thus changing to another service is unlikely to help you.

Your options are:

Change your ISP.  

Host your own VoIP PBX (in the cloud) as an intermediate step between you and Callcentric and use a non standard port like 53 to get from the cloud to your SIP client

Check with all the VoIP providers and see if they can be configured to use non-standard ports.  (Unlikely)

can you provide a list of provider in order to check the situable one for me.

Msanad

Quote from: Taoman on June 15, 2019, 08:14:56 AM
I use port 5010 with Anveo.

I use port 42872 with VoIP.ms.
QuoteDo you offer alternative ports besides 5060/5061?
We offer alternative SIP ports, UDP/TCP 5080 and 42872 on all of our servers, You can try those ports in case your Internet Service Provider blocks the port 5060 UDP/TCP or if you need to use another one. For the SIP-TLS we offer alternative ports only by TCP protocol, 5061 and 42873 on all of our servers name with a number at the end. e.g. chicago1.voip.ms

https://wiki.voip.ms/article/FAQ#Do_you_offer_alternative_ports_besides_5060.2F5061.3F

I tried Anveo but with no sucess , for voip.ms it seem the website is blocked by my ISP

can you provide more VOIP provides

Taoman

Quote from: Msanad on June 15, 2019, 12:03:52 PM

can you provide more VOIP provides

Last one I know of for sure is PhonePower which can use port 12060.

Sheffield_Steve

What is your ISP?  What country are you in?

p.s. You could also setup a VPN on your router too.

Msanad

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on June 15, 2019, 12:44:41 PM
What is your ISP?  What country are you in?

p.s. You could also setup a VPN on your router too.

Egypt- TEdata

Sheffield_Steve

A lot of counties in that part of the wold restrict the ports available to internet users.  It's probably illegal to use VoIP.

Your best bet is a VPN on the router