News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dropped Transfers

Started by SteveActive, June 19, 2019, 01:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveActive

Hello - I am trying to transfer a call from my workshop to my office in the main house.

When I receive an incoming call, I transfer the call to my indoor 'extension'.

The call is briefly accepted (less than a second) and then is disconnected.

We ARE able to hear each other during this brief connection!!!

Please take mercy on this post - I would love to contribute and provide further details on this issue

ShazamInForum

Is that "disconnected" is when you hit the "Transfer Now" at phone screen?  See this link:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16016.msg99612#msg99612

SteveActive

Thanks for the reply.

I've read that thread but does not apply to my situation.

Do you have any suggestions?

ShazamInForum

If you are using Google Voice service, then this issue is clearly Google Voice service doing.  If you are not using Google Voice service but other VoIP Services, reach out to them to see if all calls received and not able to Transfer.  Inquire for more info such as calls logs from your VoIP Service team.  Or, explain in further details in what you are using to get dropped when transferring a call from 1 OBi phone to another OBi phone.  Without further details, we are unable to help.

Good luck!

SteveActive

Thanks for the guidance.

It IS google voice - when you say this is GVs "doing" I'm unsure what that means.

Does GV block transfers? Is my GV configured incorrectly?

Thank you!

jluros

Quote from: ShazamInForum on June 19, 2019, 02:42:52 PM
If you are using Google Voice service, then this issue is clearly Google Voice service doing.

I don't think this is necessarily correct; at least, it isn't necessarily true. It's equally possible that Obi changed something. Even if it was something that Google changed, then Obi should be able to either work around it and create a patch/fix, or remove the feature from Google Voice lines. The status quo is unacceptable.

SteveActive

has anyone out there had any luck with this?