News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up used Obi200

Started by JPMayesr, June 21, 2019, 07:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPMayesr

I do not use my Obi200 and want to give it to my daughter.  Do I need to do anything special to disconnect it from my account and set her up?

drgeoff

If you want the Obi200 to be on another account at obitalk.com you must delete the device from your dashboard. Unless that is done it is not possible to use the **5 nnnn procedure to register it to a different dashboard.

OTOH if you want to keep the device on the same obitalk.com account as now and merely configure it with a different service provider account ýou merely need to delete the current SP configuration(s), if any, and reconfigure the SP(s).

JPMayesr

I want to start all over as if it is just coming out of the box.   Create a new Obitalk account and link it to a new GVoice account.   Sounds like all I need to do is delete the device from the dashboard here on Obitalk.com.  Correct?

drgeoff

Quote from: JPMayesr on June 21, 2019, 10:18:12 AM
I want to start all over as if it is just coming out of the box.   Create a new Obitalk account and link it to a new GVoice account.   Sounds like all I need to do is delete the device from the dashboard here on Obitalk.com.  Correct?
Correct. And you might as well reset the OBi200 to defaults. Dial **8 and follow the prompts.

If the OBi200 has not been in use for more than about a year it might need a firmware update to work with GV now.

skydancer

Hello, newbie here, hope this is the appropriate place: I got a used OBI202 on ebay. OBI talk says its already been registered and has to be removed from the old account before being able to register to my account. Is there any way to do that without knowing the old account UN and PW?  Thank you.

SteveInWA

No, there is no way to do that.  In general, never buy used OBi devices from third party sellers.  They will likely be either broken or locked.

RobertThompson

Quote from: skydancer on July 04, 2019, 03:41:26 PM
Hello, newbie here, hope this is the appropriate place: I got a used OBI202 on ebay. OBI talk says its already been registered and has to be removed from the old account before being able to register to my account. Is there any way to do that without knowing the old account UN and PW?  Thank you.

You need to contact the "Seller" on eBay and have them remove the OBI from the original account. Good luck.

Rob.
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com